The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My Hose and Fitting Adventure

terribleturner

Well with the new turbo i decided i'd get up early (for me) and head off down ThinkAuto in Isleworth and get some new hose for my turbo return and some new fittings, specialy as i wanted to do something for my oil temp/pressure sensors. So after fighting the traffic heading to Wembley we get there to find theem closed. So back in the car and over to Park Royal to visit Pirtek. Now i didn't hold much hope for them helping me but i was pleasently surprised.

Of course i didn't know what sizes i needed, just various examples. Thee bloke was really helpfull, really friendly and was able to do everything i was after. He even gave me 10% discount which was good of him. Then the card wouldn't go through, and because they were closing just took my details and said he'd do it Monday. So i left with over £100 of hoses and fittings and i didn't pay :D

Anyway, the real reason for the thread. So i call this my Frankenstein :D It's a monstrosity but it supplies my oil feed, my oil temp sensor and my oil pressure sensor :D Just gotta wrap the lot now in heat cloth and job done.

oil01.jpg

oil02.jpg

oil03.jpg

Thats a lot of joins mate, its gonna leak like a seive:D

Yeah that was my worry, but it's sealed like there's no tomorrow. :D Plus it's only 2 extra from what i just took off.

Are you sure theres enough there:d

Yeah tell me about it. I thought there'd be a few, but not as many.

Yeah i thought that too, that's tomorrows project :)

That's good to hear :) You wouldn't want that falling off and the oil finding its way onto the hot turbo :bang: :(

Maybe someone could eventually make you up an adaptor that does it all in one???

That's good to hear :) You wouldn't want that falling off and the oil finding its way onto the hot turbo :bang: :(

Maybe someone could eventually make you up an adaptor that does it all in one???

I'd be impressed if it did find it's way UP to the turbo :D It wont fall off as i've had something similar for the last year. My main worry is too much vibration working it loose over time and making it leak. But with a bracket to support and putting loads of gasket sealent on it it'll last till the next turbo goes on :clap:

I'd be impressed if it did find it's way UP to the turbo :D

If its on the same side of the engine it will find its way onto the exhaust/turbine.... guaranteed!

Hot oil pumping out at 60+ psi and lots of litres per minute will spray off everything and the airflow around the engine bay will carry it everywhere.

The resulting fire will be impressive :eyebrows:

If its well hung :blink: there should be no problem though :D