The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My Single Install Fresh from Turbo Fit.

Geo

Well i dropped the car off last Monday after the Sunday BBQ. So iv been without her for ages, or so it seems. Anyway i picked her up today. And my face light up when i seen the Engine, it was Xmas all over again. Thanks Turbo Fit :)

Also got the chance to meet JamieP, and Classone who popped down, when i was out with Greg testing the car. Hope you like the pics.

Well when i drove the car i thought holy hell the power delivery is so different, but bloody hell she dont half fly. Even running low boost the now, she shifts. And getting much better MPG too.

Yea was good meeting everyone, as being up here in Scotland we dont get a chance to come down to the big meets very often.

Yea i think JamieP rents a room in there now! :p

Geo.

Ahhh no wonder you had a massive grin all over your face. ;)

Good to meet you today too mate, allbeit brief, hope you're pleased with your car.

Yea it was a bit brief dude, but i seen you went straight in for the free coffee, ha, what was your car in for??

Yea really pleased i went single now, haD a huge grin all the way back home. :)

Geo.

Nice one mate, first impressions of the drive and power?

One thing I don't understand is why TF continue to stick those huge hoses from the IACV to the filter neck. It's pointless.

When i used to have a ICV i prefered to have the pipe as with a small filter it sounded like something was blowing, also the blingey pipe looks nice:cool:

Yea it was a bit brief dude, but i seen you went straight in for the free coffee, ha, what was your car in for??

Yea really pleased i went single now, haD a huge grin all the way back home. :)

Geo.

Just a service, fitted an AEM wideband, fluidyne tranny cooler, catch tank brake pads/lines and a mot. THE best mod though was having new boot rubbers fitted. What a difference. Not one noise from the back apart from my daughter shouting to go faster! :D

Nice one m8 glad you got it sorted.

What turbo (XS T70 kit?) did you go with in the end and what have you done about fuelling / management?

And the big question...... how much did it skin ya! :D

Cheers,

Brian.

Nice one m8 glad you got it sorted.

What turbo (XS T70 kit?) did you go with in the end and what have you done about fuelling / management?

And the big question...... how much did it skin ya! :D

Cheers,

Brian.

Yea thats the Turbo mate, ideal for me as the car is a Daily runner at the mo. Fcon S is looking after the fueling the now running low boost(0.8) on 440's, be changing as soon as funds let me. My AFR'S were 10's, which was better than my twin setup, and im getting better MPG too.

When our next neet now?? He he.

Geo.

nice geo, so what was up with it was a boost leak on the twin set up?? bet your please you changed anyhow lol

tubbi 2 was cracked, and also had a boost leak to finish her off.

Greg thinks the car is running about 396Bhp, on low boost(0.8), so now just need to save the pennies up for BIGGER Injectos and fuel rail. O and bigger calipers to stop the fekin thing.

Will be putting on your stickers soon mate for the rally, i'll post some up ok.

gEO.

Guest gzaerojon

Nice one Geo, i saw this when i popped in there yesterday :thumbs:

i know what you mean about MPG, i couldn't believe it at first but i'm getting loads more miles from a tank now :D

So was the Fcon S mapping altered or is the fuelling still accurate enough for now?

Timing should be OK at that boost level but was the engine listened to on load with a set of det cans?

All ok dude fuelling is still bang on for running low boost, Fcon was locked. Greg had the stuff to unlock it, but it wouldn't let him. So iv to sell it on ebay when i change to emanage, and get injectors. Then i can turn the boost up.

Car drives and feels so much better, also got the waistgate noise now. STRANGE! But bloody good!

Geo

Nice one Geo, i saw this when i popped in there yesterday :thumbs:

i know what you mean about MPG, i couldn't believe it at first but i'm getting loads more miles from a tank now :D

Thanks dude, Yea it gives more MPG due to Tubbi 1 not always engaged all the time. Have you done a MPG test yet??

I got from Milton Kenyes to home on 1&1/4 tank but i was playing along the way if you know what i mean, Mr Evo 8. hehe.

Geo.

As you've got the FconS already, you could just go for some high imp, side feeds and use the stock rail. It's fine up to T67 size so long as boost is below 1.4bar, so will be more than enough to fuel an XS T70. You should be able to get some good ones for around £500 inc flow testing.

Not sure if the FconS has ignition adjustment, if not that might be your main issue.