The mkiv Supra Owners Club

n/a manual.good price???

msearle

just sold my pristine 94 na auto.wanting to buy na manual.been to look at one advertised private £4000.the guy imports them from home.has not got any sound system,no security,front tyre nearly perished.rear wing has small dent and needs respray.and no history.so i offered £200 less.refused ,so i offered £100 less.refused.so i walked away.80k on clock 1993.my mate says i should have bought it,as manuals are rare.have i made a mistake????:innocent:

just sold my pristine 94 na auto.wanting to buy na manual.been to look at one advertised private £4000.the guy imports them from home.has not got any sound system,no security,front tyre nearly perished.rear wing has small dent and needs respray.and no history.so i offered £200 less.refused ,so i offered £100 less.refused.so i walked away.80k on clock 1993.my mate says i should have bought it,as manuals are rare.have i made a mistake????:innocent:

Er, no - you haven't. £4K isn't that cheap for a 93 NA anyway, but for one with no stereo, no alarm, at least one tyre that needs replacing, no history etc. - if he'd taken your £200 lower offer you would have been ripped off!

Manuals are certainly rarer than autos - but there are some about.

i paid 7k for my 97 manual NA. It was expensive. but apart from a few paint chips, which he rapaired for free, its good. there are some chips here and there on the bonnet and wings and the rear bumper but there all coming off anyway :)

inside its mint. origonal mats and even tape player and cd changer :p seats are perfect no marks or ware.

Oh and it passed its mot yesterday with flying colours. not even a single advisory. :D

Apart from a rear tyre that was "totaly shaged" :innocent:

But i knew about that anyway :)

If you bought it for £4000 you would have been scammed...if 1 tyre is dead, you will need to replace 2 of them for balance etc (£300 approx for 2 good tyres), The chances are that when he imported the car the sound system got stolen...and will cost you a little bit to fit a new one...(£200-£500 depending what you want), Security is something that you AND INSURANCE COMPANIES really want in this country, getting a good thatcham 1 maybe £300 fitted?, fixing a dent and a good quality respray to match the rest of the car (£500 maybe?), no history at all means the milage could easily of been dodged, 80.000 miles is quite high, and its a 1993 which is the oldest model...the vehicle is not worth 4000 in that condition, as its a big risk

My supra is a 1995 NA manual, 65k on clock, good condition throughout, well presented with some history, and a Clifford thatcham cat 1 alarm fitted brand new all for £5000, and thats was a year and a half ago.....

go back to the guy and offer him £3000

If the car was in tip top condition and everything was near perfect and milage and history confirmed I would say it could be worth £4000-£5000, but with that one with no history it could of had accident history etc...if you go for it really get it checked out... Like 2JZ said there are plenty of other supras about...just be patient.

must better off buying off here. I didnt. but the guy i got it from was retired and a bit of a car nut,had all the papers half in japanese :p and the car was local to me. but its worth taking your time and making sure you get a good example. i was lucky. my car was close to me. amazing condition and an honest seller and was the first i came accross.

Dont settle for a lemmon :)

i know what you mean, mine was the first one i viewed and thought he had mis-printed the add as a six speed. i didn't even know at the time that there was a facelift model until i joined here lol. all i knew was it was within my budget

Unfortunately I am a right picky b@stard and searched for 4 months before I found one that I was remotely interested in. Looking for an aerotop distracted me slightly. I was also looking for a bargain and I think I got one tbh.

I knew how much I would spend getting it exactly as I wanted so it had to have certain things, ie skirts, spats, 18"s. It had to be either white or black too.........:rolleyes: One things for sure, I love my car. Even if I lost the 5K I bought it for the whole experience has been worth it.....;)

H.

thats the one ,silver third from top.described as "great condition".are u sure yours isnt for sale!!!!