The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Re-spray / GVN

DBR

right im finally getting round to getting the respray done - at long last:d , few questions for you lot in the know:

1) im looking to get the full works done, windows out, shuts, engine bay etc. - what exactly needs to come out of the bay in order for it to be sprayed - cos i havnt got a scooby?

2) im 99% sure that im going with GVN as i have seen some of there work and its quality!, but does anybody know of any other coachworks around the London area-ish, that are top draw, need to be good though cos im a fussy git, just want to get a few other quotes to keep my options open.

3) looking at getting a colour change i take it i have to inform the DVLA?

4) last but not least, stormk blue or black - to go with cream leather.... i just cant bloody decide!

sorry for the SA peeps, thought / opinions much appreciated.

cheers

Dan

GVN are good, as an alternative

Carl Bibby @ bibbys bodystyling...... but it's not cheap.

An example of his work is the candy red chargespeed car at the santa pod day( see the pictures in the pod thread)

John

Mine is another example of their work :D

think im going with black uknow:innocent:

been down to GVN today, took me ages to get there through all the bloomin traffic but well worth the journey got some good advice and very friendly service from Gerald - they had some nice motors down there too....

been down to GVN today, took me ages to get there through all the bloomin traffic but well worth the journey got some good advice and very friendly service from Gerald - they had some nice motors down there too....

They really are a decent bunch of chaps there aren't they. Very friendly. Definately who I would use. Barney's car is a credit to them! :)

Gerald is one of the friendliest and nicest blokes i have had the pleasure to meet. Please guys trust this company, they are awesome.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Toto

sorry but can someone tell me or send me the link to these pics of the candy red charge speed supra.....cant find it anywhere

As much as that, i thought that was more the full colour change respray cost.

Your best bet is to ring them or mail them and ask them for a price.

I would imagine so Col but know for sure.

I spoke to Liam (Lovatt) the other day and his garage charges circa £5k regardless of colour change (discount for us guys though :) ) but you can GUARANTEE the work will be perfect.

I'm sure GVN use the same philosophy, unlike some sprayers that offer a full respray for around £1500 and it's a botch job........mentioning no names of course ;)