The mkiv Supra Owners Club

key

brettjones

afaik the original keys do not have an immobiliser built in or anything.

as m45sey has said, this must be for an alarm fob is it?

no just a standard key no alarm it relates to the little sensor on the top of the dash near the drivers door pillar

no just a standard key no alarm it relates to the little sensor on the top of the dash near the drivers door pillar

that sensor is for your air con / climate control mate, nothing to do with the key or an alarm etc afaik (if i've got the right one your meaning)

its about 4" from the corner bottom of windscreen top of dash round botton shape

aye, looks like a mini R2D2 lol

that's for your climate control as i said.

just a std key will do mate, mine cost about £7 to get one cut.

:)

aye, looks like a mini R2D2 lol

that's for your climate control as i said.

just a std key will do mate, mine cost about £7 to get one cut.

:)

thanks mate i was told that was a sensor for the central locking

my key is black with toyota on the back on the front it has 2 buttons 1 green for lock the other is black for unlock

thanks mate i was told that was a sensor for the central locking

my key is black with toyota on the back on the front it has 2 buttons 1 green for lock the other is black for unlock

Not doubting you fella but this is on your key and not a separate fob?

Guest MetalMushroom

hmm I thought R2D2 was for the remote central locking too.

If you are talking about the separate fob then putting in a new battery does not mean that you have to have it re-programmed.

Sometimes the fob get a bit out of sync with the car. Just point (to the area of the dome does it, whatever it is for) and hold down the unlock button for 10 to 20 secs then the c/l will activiate.

If you are talking about the separate fob then putting in a new battery does not mean that you have to have it re-programmed.

Sometimes the fob get a bit out of sync with the car. Just point (to the area of the dome does it, whatever it is for) and hold down the unlock button for 10 to 20 secs then the c/l will activiate.

no its not a separate fob its the key which comes with the car from new

Guest MetalMushroom

hmm the key built in to the bleeper? ... can't help you then mate. I had keys and bleepers separately. Sorry.

Thats a solar sensor mate.

Is yours a UK car brett? The UK car has a factory alarm so it may be for that but I'm not sure. Otherwise I'm sure none of the Jap models came with factory alarm/immobiliser?

Give Steve Manley a call - he may be able to clarify:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=41383

I have a 96 facelift and my key is also a Toyota one with two buttons which lock/unlock and arm the built-in/standard(?) alarm. If I lock it with the key button and then unlock it with my aftermarket alarm key-fob I get a tone for about 10 seconds if I open the door and if I don't put the key in to the ignition in that time the horn will sound.

I have asked in the past about getting a spare key (with buttons) but was told they were available in Japan only.