The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Newbie after advice

Guest TheBoy

Guest TheBoy

Hi :)

I've not brought a supra yet but I will be in about 5 months time! A "Congratulations on finishing uni and getting yourself a job" kind of presant. Just want to clear off some debts and buy a few little bits before I go all out on the supra.

I'm looking for a TT, pref under 80,000 miles manual for around the £8k - £10k mark!

I've found when buying a car, the forums where people actually know what there talking about and look after their cars is the best place to go so.... here I am!

Is there any advice you lot can throw my way when buying?

wheres the best place pick one up from?

obiously I want a good car that I know will last!

First off good choice! :D

Supra is a superb car with endless tuning potential that puts a smile on your face everytime you drive it, people on here will all have their suggestions on where to buy a good car from and I would imagine all of them are worth looking into.

I would personally recommend Paul Whiffin of Whifbitz (see his section in Traders) who gets some amazing Supe's (all are manual as he only imports TT manuals) for good money.

I recommend Paul as he is a great bloke to deal with and has always done everything possible to provide peace of mind with his cars when it comes to reliability.

The buyers guide on here is useful and the combined knowledge of all the members means you should be able to get a pretty clear picture of what to look for and what to pay.

Whoever you go with you'll be in for a treat as these are remarkable cars but make sure you budget for the considerable running costs as it's not as simple as buying one outright which lets face it, anyone who can obtain finance can do.

Fuel, parts and labour all add up and if you want one of these remember it was a £40,000 super car back in 1994 and although the resale value is considerably less, the care needs to be spot on for reliable motoring so don't scrimp on cheap parts/oil/plugs etc.

Any specific queries you are welcome to PM me if you like.

All the best.

Pete :)

Guest TheBoy
First off good choice! :D

Fuel, parts and labour all add up and if you want one of these remember it was a £40,000 super car back in 1994 and although the resale value is considerably less, the care needs to be spot on for reliable motoring so don't scrimp on cheap parts/oil/plugs etc.

Any specific queries you are welcome to PM me if you like.

All the best.

Pete :)

Brilliant reply, thanks mate :)

I'm thinking of a run around to cut back on fuel costs. I'm running a V6 vectra GSI at the min and cant find any better car to goto than a supra. I've looked at Skylines and I even had a look at a porsche boxter (I know, sorry)... but nothing seems to be better for looks and performance than the Supra.