The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Tell me someone!

Guest Ian Ward

Guest Ian Ward

Without financial issues or kids on the way how does one actually bring themselves to commit to selling their beloved Supra?

I have recently ordered another car even though the test drive didn't give me the excitement I receive from the Supra, and it's the car that is supposed to replace the Supra! Arrgghh!

Anyone with tips on committing to sell such a gorgeous car that the Supra is would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Ian

Without financial issues or kids on the way how does one actually bring themselves to commit to selling their beloved Supra?

I have recently ordered another car even though the test drive didn't give me the excitement I receive from the Supra, and it's the car that is supposed to replace the Supra! Arrgghh!

Anyone with tips on committing to sell such a gorgeous car that the Supra is would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Ian

W.T.F are you thinking?? :shock: :faint:

I would change my mind and keep the Supra.........oops sounds to me like you already have....;)

I would struggle to find a car for the same money that would put a smile on my face like the Supe does. Mines an NA but it's still quick and I spend most of my time just looking at it!!

Keep it!!:tempted:

H.

Guest Ian Ward

Your not helping! The problem really is down to the fact that you can only driving one car at a time. I've ordered an M6, get it in 4 months, and it's just not practical to keep the Supra (kept for 8 years), I have to get it into my head that someone else can get great enjoyment from it rather than it being stuck in the garage most of the time. I just wish there was a car out there that would surpass the looks, feel and spirit of the Supra.

So no help then!

Your not helping! The problem really is down to the fact that you can only driving one car at a time. I've ordered an M6, get it in 4 months, and it's just not practical to keep the Supra (kept for 8 years), I have to get it into my head that someone else can get great enjoyment from it rather than it being stuck in the garage most of the time. I just wish there was a car out there that would surpass the looks, feel and spirit of the Supra.

So no help then!

You were not impressed with an M6 then......:blink: Still at £80k I would have got a Porsche....:D

How much is your Supra worth. Sounds like you are loaded to me and I wouldn't think twice about keeping it in the garage. It's not as if it's going to kill you in depreciation either!!

H.

Guest Ian Ward

I did a little research on the worth, it seems I'll get a little more for it over here in Luxembourg (only two Supra's in the country). So you can imagine it's rarer than an M6!

I got the Supra from JIC back in '99, facelift import, gunmetal grey TT manual, minor mods, de-cat and still get a buzz from driving it. Maybe I need to see a therapist to ween me off the Supra.

As for the M6, if compared, it has a numbness to the speed that your actually doing, okay it sounds gorgeous especially after I get it de-cated but yet again I will sorely miss the sounds of the turbo's whooshing away :(

I gather your seeing the dilemma.

I can see the car sitting in the garage but that's gotta be a little selfish I guess.

Oh well, thanks for no help what-so-ever.

M6 is such a common car considering its price. I was in NYC last week, and must of seen at least 10 of them in 2 days. Still, over here its less common, but not as much so as the Supra.

Still, M6 is a very nice car and it nearly tempted me.... But im not ready to conform just yet!

Have BMW not launched the twin turbo 330 yet? or did it become pie in the sky?