The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Wishlist / Suppliers ... suggestions?

Guest MetalMushroom

Guest MetalMushroom

Hmm...

I thought about selling my lovely UK auto Supe but every time I get in it, smell the leather and put the pedal to the floor I can't bear to say goodbye. :blink:

So ... the next option. If I keep my beauty as a toy then maybe after 10 years she deserves a few mods so... can you guys help me out with some rough ballpark prices & suggestions?

I'm thinking ...

- Re-spray (new colour / same colour - undecided)

- Exhaust

- Minor body kit

- ICE (not crazy stuff just updating the original stereo)

- New brakes (with shiny calipers)

- Lower profile shiny alloys

- other bits .. Shiny engine? best performance improvements?

I also need a supplier / workshop near Surrey. I live pretty near Box Hill ... any recommendations?

Thanks for your help.

Here's a link to the sale post with a few photos ...

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=107903

You have a few options of places. Pheonix, turbofit and whifbitz (no order)

I would start with BPU if i were you....have a search on it....best value for money for performance you will ever do!

Plenty there I can help with. We keep alloys, bodykits, shiney bits, exhausts etc in stock for next day delivery. I can happily deliver to you or your choosen garage.

Gaz.

lol, was waiting for you to come along gaz (nic was my other choice) - bloody hell do you ever sleep???

on a more serious note, welcome on board, theres loadsa stuff available on here, but id got for the BPU first if you can. keep us informed and good luck ;)

Guest MetalMushroom

Yeah cheers. I used to post on the forum years ago, before it migrated to this new swanky front end ... there were a lot more mkiii owners around then wanting to upgrade to mkiv's.

Whifbitz were still around back then though, I used to live round that way.

The thing is as it's a UK model the performance is already pretty good. I'll do a search on the BPU though.

Any idea what whack I'm looking at for that?

Guest MetalMushroom

Hmm, okay done a check on the BPU and it does indeed look tasty.

Any ideas on a cost starting from a clean UK auto slate?

Also any cost ideas on the other bits would be great too.

Thanks for your help.

Guest MetalMushroom

Hey so any suggestions for where I can go for a BPU in Surrey area?

I guess I'd like to go somewhere and talk about what they can do first.

Hey so any suggestions for where I can go for a BPU in Surrey area?

I guess I'd like to go somewhere and talk about what they can do first.

I can't think of anyone in the area that will both supply parts and do the fitting.

The simplest (and often most cost effective) option would be to source the parts yourself from our traders here (Envy, Whifbitz and the like can all supply the parts needed) then use a local place to fit them.

The closest fitters I can think of are Tuning Japanese in Aldershott, Millway in Andover, toyoda tech in Fareham, Pheonix in Watford. Personally I'd use Pheonix or Toyoda tech.

Guest MetalMushroom

Cheers Homer - from browsing the forum and web Phoenix keep coming up and Watford isn't too far.

Do you know if they have a site?

Do you know if they have a site?

Website? Defintely not. It's a one man band, Mark (the owner) is a superb mechanic but has no interest or time for internet stuff. He's already solidly booked without the need for other promotion apart from word of mouth.

Guest MetalMushroom

aha, okay cheers.

I'll do a search for his number then. ta.

Any suggestions for body work paint, kits etc.?

Any suggestions for body work paint, kits etc.?

It depends on your tastes, do you like wild kits or something tasteful?

The OEM sideskirts are very nice additions, the Veilside rear spats go well with these (its the combo I have). There are also several other subtle sideskirt/rear spat combinations available, such as the Top secret ones.

I went for the lovely looking Do-Luck front bumper but find it impratical for day to day use, in hindsight, the stock one with a Whifbitz lower lip would be a better option.

Have a look in the multimedia section for all the various options :) Also, check out the members garage pics. There is a massive selection of kits to chose from.