The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hello All - Supra Cam belt change

Guest louey

Guest louey

Hello everyone, im looking at buying a Supra in the near future and ive heard that they need a Cam belt at 60k miles, well the one i have got my eye on has done, 59k. How much does it cost to get a cam belt changed on a None- turbo manual one????

Please Help!

Cheers all,

Louey:p

Guest louey

Ok thanks matey, so would it be the parts (150) plus labour (150) so is it a cost of £300, or is it £150 for everything?

Ive heard its a 'major' job for the Cam belt change or is it not too bad?

yer total of bout £300 really its quite an involved job if you do it by the book as they reckon to take the radiator out and stuff but you dont need to, i find its cheaper if you supply the parts for the garage then you know they will only be charging just labour, i got my bits from mr t direct.

Mark

There's a guy in Meopham in Kent goes by the name of Supraman.

He will do a cambelt change for £250 parts and labour.

He's done a few jobs for me and though it's not the most clinical workshop in the world he does know his stuff.

Ricardo

!

lol, I had mine done for about £150 fitted at my local motorsport garage Some prices seems a bit steep here... mines an n/a though if it makes a difference

:wtf: 3-4 hundred. I guess my £110 all in was a very good price. But then I did have to spend bout £30 on petrol getting there!

!

:wtf: 3-4 hundred. I guess my £110 all in was a very good price. But then I did have to spend bout £30 on petrol getting there!

Toyota charge like a raging bull, and that was £300 minimum... after they "accidently" brake a few bits etc im sure it would have come back twice that.

As was said above, if you can weild a spanner, and get the tools to hold the crank still (thanks mark:cool: ) its not a bad job, couple of hours. Worst bit is getting the crank pully off.

I was thinking of doing mine myself but was advised not to if I didn't know what I was doing. Although I was a little concerned about what would happen to the timing if it was in the wrong place.

With the amount of people on this forum who have changed the belt themselves you might aswell do it yourself louey, if you get stuck there will be help all the way (just make sure you have a crank remover thing as the torque setting is very high.

I was thinking of doing mine myself but was advised not to if I didn't know what I was doing. Although I was a little concerned about what would happen to the timing if it was in the wrong place.

With the amount of people on this forum who have changed the belt themselves you might aswell do it yourself louey, if you get stuck there will be help all the way (just make sure you have a crank remover thing as the torque setting is very high.

To be honest its realy hard to get wrong... theres three marks, if they all line up, your good to go. If they dont, change it till they do ;)

£200 is a good price though, if you were more local id have considered it just for convenience!