The mkiv Supra Owners Club

XS-Power exhaust problems

Dr_Doom

I bought the XS-Power exhaust off eBay in February after hearing good reports from people on here. It was a close call between this one & the similar priced MiamiGT exhaust. I had it fitted a few weeks later & so far I’ve been really impressed with the performance and sound. So have other people who have heard it. Over the past month the exhaust has gotten louder and the sound has become more tinny & raspy. I’ve been to two separate garages & both said it sounds like the baffles in the backbox :rolleyes: We had a look down the tale pipe & it seems to be misshapen where the baffles are (see pic). Not the best photo in the world but hopefully you can see what I mean. I’ve also included the photo from XS-Powers website where you can see that the exhaust should be round. The exhaust hasn’t been under any particular strain & the first cat is still fitted (not that this should matter).

Is this normal or is it broken? Any input is appreciated.

Cheers,

Rob :)

MyExhaust_01.jpg

How it should look.jpg

Im waiting on my XS power exhaust being delivered, I really hope it doesnt go tinny or raspy :( That would be a complete embarrasment.

Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad tinny or raspy :) It's just a lot louder than it was when i first had it. It still sounds goods :D

As for an increase in performance, I had an aftermarket exhaust already on before this one so can't say i noticed a massive difference. Only in noise :) Taking the second cat out made a difference though.

Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad tinny or raspy :) It's just a lot louder than it was when i first had it. It still sounds goods :D

As for an increase in performance, I had an aftermarket exhaust already on before this one so can't say i noticed a massive difference. Only in noise :) Taking the second cat out made a difference though.

I love your exhaust Rob!! Sounds like GOD is coming when you are driving down the road!!:D Once mine packs in I think I will get an XS after our conversations at Mascrat...:cool:

H.

Lo thanks for reply

Soooo it gets louder, uhoh wonder if my neighbours are about to fall out with me lol.

My exhaust arrived today, had a bit of a fight to open the fort knox box and dispose of all the packaging! Will get it on ASAP and post some videos as I know theres always people looking for them.

Does your car still pass MOT with one cat?

Now that sounds promising !! :D

I love your exhaust Rob!! Sounds like GOD is coming when you are driving down the road!!:D Once mine packs in I think I will get an XS after our conversations at Mascrat...:cool:

H.

• 2 years later...

HAHAR, nobody can say I didn't use the search button, lol.

My exhaust is doing exactly the same, it's a Motoria but I think that's a sub company or something to do with XSpower.

I looked today and the Pipe and backbox have completely separated. The backbox is only staying on because the pipe is holding it.:(

Ah well, down to ExhaustsUK on wednesday for a new backbox!

They did a great Job on M4RK_RZ's Supra, guy who MOT'd his car said he'd never seen a more impressive and quality exhaust system!

They did a good job on my Peugeot all those years ago, but then on a local lads supra it was a fair bodge.

Praise indeed :) I thought XS had bucked their ideas up in recent times?

We are talking about a locla exhaust fabricator.

XS Power wont buck their ideas up :p