The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New member no Supra

Guest Rocky

Guest Rocky

Hi All,

I will be buying a Supra N/A Auto very soon :D but need some advise on a few things:

As i have read in the model guides, ABS is not standard, should i choose a car with ABS?

Is there any options i should get, from your experiences?

As it will be an import, is there any docs i should look out for?

Thanks in advance.

:welcome: Rocky. Quite a few folks will update you on docs etc.

I'd go for ABS though.

Don't buy until you've scoured the FAQ's and buying guides on this forum. And then if you're not sure ask someone nicely for further advice.

Also check out the traders section, there's a fair selection of cars for sale. You can't go wrong with CJ Imports...:)

Guest Rocky

Thanks for the reply... i was thinking ABS was important too!! I have read the documents regarding Supra models and buying guide.

is having a Supra with LSD really important, or would i best off getting the best condition one i can find?

Hello and welcome :)

is having a Supra with LSD really important, or would i best off getting the best condition one i can find?

On an NA it's less important than a TT, but it's certainly a 'Nice to have'. I don't think it was a very common option on the early models but the late ones almost always have them.

Guest Rocky

Im going to see a Supra tonight!

Im not that fussed on fuel consumption but what would you say is the average MPG you get on a N/A?

Hi and Welcome!!

Do you want an auto for any particular reason and what is your budget?? I picked mine up 96 Facelift manual for 5K. You can get them for less than this now if you are prepared to hunt about!!

Mine has both ABS and LSD....:)

H.

Guest Rocky

Hi! I want an Auto as i am always stuck in traffic as i drive into Central London and im sick of my left leg being bigger than my right!

I rarly have the oppurtunity to take the car on some nice windy roads, so auto suits me best now! Im getting lazy!

I have a budget of £3800 as i just sold my Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo and now buying a house so can't spend to much.

What's an N/A like?

Guest Rocky

Sorry it was a very broad question!

So i would imagine an auto would be worse than 20 mpg?

Reliability and looks are the main reasons i am going for a N/A plus lack of funds for TT! I need something reliable as i always thought my Fiat Coupe would blow up everytime i turned her on!

Sorry it was a very broad question!

So i would imagine an auto would be worse than 20 mpg?

Reliability and looks are the main reasons i am going for a N/A plus lack of funds for TT! I need something reliable as i always thought my Fiat Coupe would blow up everytime i turned her on!

Yes the auto's are a bit more thirsty but still a nice drive. You have to give the NA a bit of stick but it can still bite you if you push too hard in the wrong place. When I got mine in February I thought it was shit slow but I wasn't used to it and all the power comes in at about 4.5 - 5.5K revs. If you drop it down a gear or two it will go!

My NA did 28 - 30 Mpg on a recent long run around Wales but around town it can be quite thirsty! I would say about 18 Mpg.

Should be easy to find an auto with your budget though! I paid more as I was looking for something kitted up with 18" wheels etc.

H.