The mkiv Supra Owners Club

mph dials

supra_si

Its another way of converting without fitting an electronic gadget (speed limiter defender) as the improts are restricted to 112mph (180kph). Better way to do it is fit a sld and just change the the mph on the 180kph dial to mph or you can buy a uk dial for about £15 on fleabay.

I fitted a 112MPH dial from ebay. Was a case of lifting the needle over the pin, marking where it sits then removing it and the old dial, stick on the new one, stick on the needle again. I didnt mark where it was so had to fiddle about adjusting it after. If you just turn the ignition on and set it to 0 it is out by 10mph. Bit fiddly but didnt take long. dont want to convert it to MPH with a chip because I want to keep the odo in KM.

Hi mate, only just saw your other thread, I had the same problem when I fitted my very first dial/convertor few years back!

Im sure if you have the ignition on when putting the needles back that wont happen ;)

Mmmm will try that! Thanks Mas :)