The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Crank pulley. Round 2

p111ddy

Just over a month ago if that i had my crank pulley go on me. Well i had my car towed bk to the garage i bought it from and one day later i get a phone call saying its all done and ready to collect :) Which i thought great thats what i call service but when i got there they turned around and said that'll be £200 thank you:blink: im thinking WTF i'd only owned it for just over 3months and they wanna charge me even tho i have a six months warranty by them! Anyway its gone again and i've been incontact with them but there saying i may have to pay again:blink: I dont blooming think so but cant tell me 100% untill they look at it?

Does anyone know how much a new/used pully will cost? If the worst comes to the worst as i need the car for Dragonball

Thanks

Michael

Just over a month ago if that i had my crank pulley go on me. Well i had my car towed bk to the garage i bought it from and one day later i get a phone call saying its all done and ready to collect :) Which i thought great thats what i call service but when i got there they turned around and said that'll be £200 thank you:blink: im thinking WTF i'd only owned it for just over 3months and they wanna charge me even tho i have a six months warranty by them! Anyway its gone again and i've been incontact with them but there saying i may have to pay again:blink: I dont blooming think so but cant tell me 100% untill they look at it?

Does anyone know how much a new/used pully will cost? If the worst comes to the worst as i need the car for Dragonball

Thanks

Michael

Just get yourself a new supra Michael :D

atleast you have a nice 6speed knob now :p

Hope you get this sorted, did you ask Mark if he know about some used ones ?!

Sorry to hear that mate. Warranty should have covered that in the first place. If it turns out to be the same problem dont pay them.

You'd think so would'nt you but according to them the pulley is not a covered item! They only cover g/box and engine. But they also put a used pulley in for me to keep the costs down:blink: . I know there not going to be cheap but hey it stops this from happening again so soon!

Check they used a new part as teh part its self is £288 retail.

Used part which i later found out:rolleyes:

Just get yourself a new supra Michael :D

atleast you have a nice 6speed knob now :p

Hope you get this sorted, did you ask Mark if he know about some used ones ?!

A new supra wotz ur name Wayne :D

I did as him and he gave me some guys card who does second hand jap parts but im thinking if they replace it for nothing im still going to get Mark to replace it with a new one once i've got more pennys in my pocket:)

New bit is £198 + vat (if your a member on here most toyota dealers will give you a 10% discount though ;))

I did mine the other week, took some force but wasnt too technical.

Cant believe they replaced with with a used part :blink:

For 200 pounds you can have BL dampened crank pulley (lightened one) :)

And as nice and as bling as they are, it'd not an oem one. I got mine from Steve Manley, sourced same day as I made my phone call to him.

On an aside, did you ask the garage to replace your with a used one, or where you expecting a new part?

And as nice and as bling as they are, it'd not an oem one. I got mine from Steve Manley, sourced same day as I made my phone call to him.

On an aside, did you ask the garage to replace your with a used one, or where you expecting a new part?

I would have expected them to replace with new parts! But they went ahead and done it using 2nd hand parts. All without asking me what i wanted to do!

mate my advice is to take the car back to them and demand get an estimate to find out if it is the Crank Pully at fault again. If it is the same problem, then they should repair it free of charge. But I bet the garage would wiggle their way out of it by saying its some thing else. Mate your best bet is to get an estimate. Then get Mark at Pheonix to repair it and send them the bill and ask them to reimbursements. If they wanna play hard ball, just send them the above link and threaten them with legal action. :p

But wot ever u do from now on, get Mark form Pheonix to work on your car, don't take it else where. ;)

But wot ever u do from now on, get Mark form Pheonix to work on your car, don't take it else where. ;)

I went down Saturday morning while Mas was there didn't you see me? Oh yeah sore head wasn't it:p . Seriously though it will be going to him for all future work as i was impressed at what i saw!

I went down Saturday morning while Mas was there didn't you see me? Oh yeah sore head wasn't it:p .

U cheeky git LOL :p

Mate was suffering from a serious dose of insomnia, could not sleep the night be4, hence felt rough the following day.

Now it looks like u pi**ed £150 up the wall as u ain't gonna be able to make Dragonball either as ur car is stuffed :p

I'll buy ur ticket off you for half of wot u paid, that £75 Bills, thats a get of of jail card according to me mate :D

U cheeky git LOL :p

Mate was suffering from a serious dose of insomnia, could not sleep the night be4, hence felt rough the following day.

Now it looks like u pi**ed £150 up the wall as u ain't gonna be able to make Dragonball either as ur car is stuffed :p

I'll buy ur ticket off you for half of wot u paid, that £75 Bills, thats a get of of jail card according to me mate :D

:p

if you are really stuggling you can have my old one, no signs of any break up in the rubber or delamination

i just changed it for peace of mind

Thank you mate thats much apppricated :) I Will let you know if i do

if you need it for the dragon ball i should get a move on matey

I know mate but i cant do anything till tomorrow unfortunatly which is the ealiest i can get my car to them and the earliest they can do anything!:(

if you need it for the dragon ball i should get a move on matey

Forget about fixing ur shoddy motor, just get a rental, u can get a nice KA for under £99 Bills. It'll be just as quick as ur N/A, may be a tad quicker. Not sure if you'll be able to handel all that power, you may even break another Crank Pulley!! :p