The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Attaching mesh

Golddigga

I had it done on mine, but I had a local bodyshop do it for me. I think they removed the bumper to do it.

They used filler to affix it to the bumper, as its very strong and easy to apply. They also used the standard fixings for the lower part. I had to get new ones for them to work properly, but the result was good.

Have a look in my garage. I think it looks great on the stock bumper. I had the rear wheel airtakes done too.

Guest mk47

yep as rich says. i did mine myself and did not even need to remove the bumper.. just alot of fiddling around but its worth the hard work :)

Fiberglas is fine, but if you should ever want to remove it, then i would go for fiberglassing a heavy ish gauge wire at points around the inside edge, which you can fix the mesh to, saves a lot of hassle if you should decide to upgrade your intercooler at a later date;)

Cut the mesh slightly oversize.

Glue small plastic hooks at regular intervals around aperture to be meshed.

Use cable ties through the mesh and round the hooks.

Simple. Like me.:) :)

B&Q by the dozen for the hooks (I used about 60).

I used JB weld (I used a couple of packs).

If you or the next owner wants to change the colour / type of meash, just cut the ties and change the mesh. Quick , clean and effective.

I used stainless mesh as it's stronger than the aluminium equivalent so less likely to get knocked out of shape by stones and less likely to be deformed when the cable ties are pulled tight.:)

Here's the result.:)

Larger picture.jpg