The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Brake disks

RobDogg

I think my disks are knackered and may need replacing. I had a problem on sunday when I got back from Reading it looks like my caliper on the rear has seized slighlty causing friiction and my pad and disk are knackered. It is in the garage now being looked at. Any idea how much a new disk will cost me and where is best to get one from or is anyone selling any second hand ones. I have the smaller sized jap brakes as well.

I will try and get some pics for you tonight so you can see the damage.

Hi mate, i've had quite a few problems with my brakes this past month :) Are you sure the discs are knackered? They might be ok, they can take a fair beating. Were they worn badly? My front brake was binding on the way to Derby, when i pulled over to check it, it was glowing red & when it cooled down the disc had turned blue.. oops! :rolleyes: Yours might be ok unless they have grooves worn in them, or they are warped (vibrating through the pedal when you brake).

I'm pretty sure a set of rear discs will set you back around £100 but should be able to pick a second hand set up cheaply as people are always upgrading to UK spec.. :)