The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Amateur track day set up.

SupraPL

Hi.

I'm going to Knockhill next month, so i'm curious what are you think about this set up:

Suspension:

Toyota OEM dampers

Eibach Pro Spring

Carbing front and rear strut brace

TRD front and rear sway bar

Toyo Proxes T1-R + wheel alignment

Brakes:

UK TT brakes (full set)

OEM UK TT discs

Chris Wilson fast road pads

TRD brake fluid

PTFE lined braided hoses

Power:

Still stock N/A except of HKS Hyper Titanium exhaust. :(

I still didn't buy some parts, so please feel free to make changes in this set up.

Tomasz

Are TRD fast road pads better?

I would've thought that if you were *really* going for it, then no road pads would be any good.

But then, you don't need to be hammering it all the time do you, especially if it's an amateur day.

I went to an amateur day and the chap who was showing me how you're meant to do it had bucketloads of smoke pouring out of my wheel arches after a few laps with the CW fast road pads.

Of course when I drove around, there was none of that going on.

I'd want to know the wet and dry boiling points for the TRD fluid, I don't know how it stacks up against the likes of Motul RBF600, the AP range et cetera. Knockhill is quite hard on brakes, but if it's your first track day you should be OK. It's a circuit I love, and know well, have fun!

Great time had there watching some special Ferrari's, including 03 F1 driven by Barrichello, fastest lap ever.

Mr Wilson will know that just before the nasty uphill right hander that leads to the start finish, it gets bad bumpy. One of the specials all but took off, so no brakes lol. :D

Have fun.:)

Thanks!

:D You probably won't be doing that corner mate. Just before it tries to get you there's a much better corner that's used in stock races. Much healthier too. Loads of rwyb track days there. We had a great time trying to kill a Cayenne in a MR2. Lol...:)

Are HKS hypermax III coilovers far and away better than Toyota OEM dampers + Eibach pro springs setup?

No, IMO they are utter rubbish, and the shock dyno agrees with me ;) Proper dampers are nearly always made in Germany, the UK, or Scandinavia, pick one of the below and you won't go wrong:

Bilstein, Koni, Proflex, JRZ, Quantum, Penske, Eibachs (no longer made but can be assembled from original parts). Some are eye wateringly expensive. Koni and Bilstein and (I think...) JRZ do off the shelf kits. I do custom valved Bilsteins and Konis for most applications. I can also build up and supply Eibachs.

No, IMO they are utter rubbish, and the shock dyno agrees with me ;) Proper dampers are nearly always made in Germany, the UK, or Scandinavia, pick one of the below and you won't go wrong:

Bilstein, Koni, Proflex, JRZ, Quantum, Penske, Eibachs (no longer made but can be assembled from original parts). Some are eye wateringly expensive. Koni and Bilstein and (I think...) JRZ do off the shelf kits. I do custom valved Bilsteins and Konis for most applications. I can also build up and supply Eibachs.

You are a star! ;) What can you say about TRD brake fluid? [boiling points: dry: 282℃; wet: 184℃] Is motul RBF600 fluid better?

You are a star! ;) What can you say about TRD brake fluid? [boiling points: dry: 282℃; wet: 184℃] Is motul RBF600 fluid better?

The boiling points for RBF600 are 312°C/593°F dry and 216°C/420°F wet, so it's a LOT better. The figures back it up, I am not just trying to sell you some, but I can if you so wish :)