The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New Member - Australia

Guest Alchemist

Guest Alchemist

Hi Guys & Gals,

Just signed up on this forum to get access to some more overseas knowledge and bits and pieces, thought I should post up picture of my Supra.

I don't know if you guys got them in the UK, but I've got an N/A 1996.5(Facelift) JZA80 SZ-R. As it's the SZ-R I get some of the TT goodies, V161 6spd, ABS, Bilsteins & an LSD. Probably done more to it than its worth while :innocent: , but here in Australia it's pretty much impossible for me to insure a TT Supra as I'm under 25(that changes at the end of the year, yay :D ) so I've worked my N/A as much as possible...but a 2JZ-GTE has come my way cheaply, so I may be TT later this year.

At the moment it's putting out 195HP at the wheels, which is pretty good for an N/A 6 Cylinder.

Mods : CAI & custom intake, extractors, highflow cat, piggyback ECU(Xede).

I've done some other interior mods too, and have some nice TRD guages. I'll put up all the pics and stuff in a member ride, but here's a few.

Nice forums too :)

http://members.iinet.net.au/~warrenh/Supra/TRD/trdtacho2.jpg

http://members.iinet.net.au/~warrenh/Supra/recaro1.jpg

http://members.iinet.net.au/~warrenh/Supra/wsid_toyotafest.jpg

http://members.iinet.net.au/~warrenh/Supra/IMG_4386.jpg

Nice run down the 1/4 against a MA61 with a 2JZ-GE with similar mods to mine....

Guest Alchemist

Heh, yea I guess I didn't think of that when I typed it in :p

Well there are alot of Supra owners in Australia so.....I think with the gent on here that's made clear headlight lenses more of us may be joining up :p

where in australia are you? Personally I would say save your money and go for the TT when you can get insurance. If its a TT that you want, I dont think you will be happy with the NA.

No point in spending all that money on it, in my opinion.

Why a 6 speed box in a NA? Standard 5 speed will be good for 400 - 450 maybe 500bhp (under correction on this one)?

Welcome to the club, lots of very knowledge people here, normally quite good fun :)

Guest Alchemist

I'm in Sydney

Thanks for the comments guys. Um, not quite a genuine 19,000Kms. When you change the TRD Speedo, you buy it with 0000000 on the clock, I've done 19,000 since I changed it. The car has actually done 105,000Kms, no idea what that is in miles :search:

As to the N/A, well I've modded it as far as I'm going to, any further mods will require me to open the engine up, which I'm not going to do.

At the drags latelly beat a TT Supra, :search: I'm sure it's driver related, but still :eyebrows: Also had some fun against a big single JZA80 and a 500HP MZ20 Soarer, so an N/A with the right mods isn't all bad...:innocent:

TT wise, I have a 2JZ-GTE engine I'm looking buying for $1000AUD(400 pounds), have a mate who's a mechanic so he can help me put it in....so maybe that, since I already have the 6spd and LSD it's not such a bad conversion.....we'll see, or maybe I'll just get an RZ or RZ-S, have to see how things pan out job wise over the next few months...

As to why have an N/A 6 spd, it's standard on the SZ-R model from factory. :D as well as the Torsen, ABS and Bilstein shocks.

Heh, yea I guess I didn't think of that when I typed it in :p

Well there are alot of Supra owners in Australia so.....I think with the gent on here that's made clear headlight lenses more of us may be joining up :p

;) hello!!! Welcome, any room over there for me?