The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Crower 3.4 stroker kit?

JamieP

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup. Good piece of kit if put together properly, revs to 8500 safely. Only issue i have with it, is you have to destroy a stock crank as the BC crank has no oil drive. HKS and the more pricey kits have the oil drive already in place. 95% sure i'm going with this too though. If you work out the cost of a full rebuild using CP and Carillo etc, a few £100 more will get the BC kit. Gotta be worth a pop.

Where's the oil drive on the crank then?

The splined section, pulley end, that drives the oil pump. Apparently has to be 'sweated' off a stock crank, then re-pressed onto the BC crank. Easy enough though so i hear. I had a long 'pro's and cons' email from Dusty about this, but i lost it when i moved isp's. :(

The splined section, pulley end, that drives the oil pump. Apparently has to be 'sweated' off a stock crank, then re-pressed onto the BC crank. Easy enough though so i hear. I had a long 'pro's and cons' email from Dusty about this, but i lost it when i moved isp's. :(

Cheers Jezz.

Be VERY careful where you buy a 3.4 crank from!!! They have very little big end to main journal overlap at that stroke. You MUST buy a crank made from seriously good material like S312 vacuum melt none miraging steel. VERY few makers offer this. You can get away with EN40 at stock or maybe even 3.2 strokes, but at 3.4 you need something quite trick. I can offer cranks in S312 fully finished at YOUR desired stroke, heat treated and balanced for 2250 plus VAT In EN40 they are 1650 plus VAT, Rods to suit are 170 each, plus VAT, fully finished and balanced with proper rod bolts. 8 to 10 week delivery on cranks at the moment. I have one in my Skyline engine, if anyone wants pics.

Didnt you just rebuild your engine m8?

Yeah, but that's just so yesterday now :D

I too struggle to keep up with the current spec of Jamie's car. Maybe there should be a seperate thread titled "This week my car will mainly be....." ;)