The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hi Everyone - almost New Member!

SILKYSMOOTH

HI EVERYONE :)

After drooling and researching the last 3 years about the legendary Toyota Supra, fait recently brought me one step closer to the Twin Turbo, and guess what? I bought a Supra about about a month or so ago after losing my precious BMW E46-328i SE, however now that I have the Supra, I can confidently say that I am not dissapointed at all and extremely satisfied.

I took it into Toyota for a service last week for the 1st time - and after checking the entire vehcile it came back completely clean with no faults whatsoever. Really pleased! Toyota really do take care of you and your vehicle. I know I could have done this myself but hey its good to have the Toyota History right?

Okay well as I said fait has brought me one step closer to the twin turbo, hence I purchased a 1994 3.0ltr N/A, Gloss Black - auto - with HKS Induction, 5.5 inch Stainless steel exaust system and 18" Alloys with low profiles lowered suspension and will be a great project for the next year, of which I have already started - these should include:

1 - Complete ICE install

2 - Interior - which is in good original condition, but im just too fussy and silksmooth! (Front Seat Leathers - Dash - Carpets - Interior Lighting and Instrument Cluster Lighting)

3 - Possibly some engine components but I must say it doesn't need anything at all - it purr's beautifully and sounds absolutely awesome and drives fantastic - only 55k miles on the clock- so maybe just change a few pipes and a clean just to make it look nice).

I have quite a bit of technical experience working with ICE systems and working with cars, so I will be happy to help anyone if I know the answers to any questions/problems. Also appreciate anyone's help if I too fall into the same situation.

Which does actually bring me to my first dilemma, How do you take out the OEM Tweeters up in either sides of the dash unit? Do I seriously have to take out the whole dash just to get to the tweeters - these buggers are fitted so solid and I can't seem to get them out - as I wish to replace them with some new ones! I dont really want to be making new holes anywhere at this stage and I want to keep things flush and standard as possible.

Any feedback would be most helpful!

Thanks for reading and Drive Safely!

Thanks for the welcome Guys and the info..gonna take a little while to work out how to use the forum properly.

Those tweeters will be out soon enuf! ......I hope! :-)

Nice car Rob love the TT and has to be black!

"Never thought I would ever spend my money on an AUTO but I must say the Supra has to be the most comfortable and enjoyable drive (for an auto) that does not make half my body feel useless and numb"