The mkiv Supra Owners Club

opinions on a nice blue to paint my car

hodge

My Sup is a dark metalic blue (not standard colour).

Im getting the car painted in the next few weeks and thought you all could give me some ideas of what kind of blue i could do it.

Something that stands out and is nice and shiney, but not too light.

Any ideas.

Hi John,

Your car is a standard colour, its called Storm Blue :)

Its pretty rare though.

Lots of nice blues BMW Avus Blue, Porsche Lapis Blue, Nissan Bayside, Toyota Balearic Blue amongst others.

I really like the dark blue off the RX8 at the moment.

Gaz.

Hi John,

Your car is a standard colour, its called Storm Blue :)

Its pretty rare though.

Lots of nice blues BMW Avus Blue, Porsche Lapis Blue, Nissan Bayside, Toyota Balearic Blue amongst others.

I really like the dark blue off the RX8 at the moment.

Gaz.

The Lapis blue is lovely. I've seen a few when browsing the 996s for sale and it's definitely a colour I'd have.

Sweet colour Suprasrcool, just had a look at my pic and realised that the colour looks crap, Kopites looks black almost like mine :(

Just noticed that Miami and Suprasrcool are both selling a TS III front bumper - two for sale, whats going on? :)

Guest Nicholas

Just noticed that Miami and Suprasrcool are both selling a TS III front bumper - two for sale, whats going on? :)

putting my car back to stock looking :cool:

Whats claying ?

Search Button :p :D

It's like a lump of blue-tak but made of clay, you wet the car with either water or the meguirs spray mist and rub the clay bar over your (washed) paintwork and it removes all the grime and crap that's not been washed off your paintwork. Makes your paintwork go really glass like - thought it was a bit of hype until I succumbed and tried it, fantastic cleaning product :cool:

Search Button :p :D

It's like a lump of blue-tak but made of clay, you wet the car with either water or the meguirs spray mist and rub the clay bar over your (washed) paintwork and it removes all the grime and crap that's not been washed off your paintwork. Makes your paintwork go really glass like - thought it was a bit of hype until I succumbed and tried it, fantastic cleaning product :cool:

And where could i get this from ? Any traders on here ?

Guest CoolsBlue
Sweet colour Suprasrcool, just had a look at my pic and realised that the colour looks crap, Kopites looks black almost like mine :(

got a custom 1off kit, want to have a totally different kit to everyone else, and alot of people have top secret. only same thing people mite have to me is a carbon fibre TRD hood

Mine was storm blue, great colour in the sun when the greeny metallic shows through but the rest of the time it looks bland imo.

I hunted around for ages and then decided in this blue as it looks good regardless of the weather and not too pale either:)

Side.jpg

And where could i get this from ? Any traders on here ?

Your wonderful Halfords should have them, they've got an offer on at the moment, 3 for price of 2 on all cleaning equipment. I'll see if I can find the box for you on their site.