The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Race Logic Traction Control on a Big Single (T51!R)...

suprafan72

All,

Envy are fitting Race Logic to my Car as it bloody needs it apparantly..... As i've not got allot of experience on this... Does it suit Big Singles? I mean surely it has to be better than breaking tracktion in the first five gears on boost?

How much power will it sap from the car??

opnions appreciated...

Thx

Andy

I'd try and improve traction first before fitting it, otherwise your just sticking plasters on.

Dont use V shape tread patterns (try RE050)

Loose some rear wheel camber, -1 max neg if your on 18" or 19" you'll want even less as Supras add a fair bit when you corner and the body rolls.

RLTC should be a last resort. I ran about 600 bhp in the last car at least with very little traction problems when I had the right tyres and geometry on the rear.

More info on what suspension and rear wheels/tyres needed.

If you car is the one I'm thinking of.. the green one I saw at AAS, then you definately need it! but like CG says get an uprated diff, some big tyres, get the suspension and geometry sorted,

RLTC is the last thing.. there when all your best efforts fail.

envy will be able to sort you out - Kev knows how to get a car up the strip.

if you car is intended as a drag car with that power you need totally different suspension than track.

I use RLTC but turn it off on the strip. It's turns the car into a skyline in the wet though.

If you car is the one I'm thinking of.. the green one I saw at AAS, then you definately need it! but like CG says get an uprated diff, some big tyres, get the suspension and geometry sorted.

Andy's isn't the green one, its a fresh import from Jurgen :)

Guest Nicholas

Does everyone really think RLTC is a requirement for big power cars? I take it with the T51 this cars looking at 650/700max hp? surely it won't be that hard to handle once the tyres are warm??

Does everyone really think RLTC is a requirement for big power cars? I take it with the T51 this cars looking at 650/700max hp? surely it won't be that hard to handle once the tyres are warm??

i would not drive another 500 + rwhp car again without it, its not just a question of whether you can handle the car its also the margin off safety RLTC gives, how many members on this board could control a 500 hp car in the damp/wet while flooring the throttle, i would hazard a guess................not very many, RLTC gives a lot more confidence to push the car harder and most importantly if the red mist decends in a race it gives you a margin of safety

Guest Nicholas
i would not drive another 500 + rwhp car again without it, its not just a question of whether you can handle the car its also the margin off safety RLTC gives, how many members on this board could control a 500 hp car in the damp/wet while flooring the throttle, i would hazard a guess................not very many, RLTC gives a lot more confidence to push the car harder and most importantly if the red mist decends in a race it gives you a margin of safety

I suppose when you put it like that I see the reasoning behind it although I've never been a fan of traction control systems.

my car has had allot of mods done to it... the turbo is an 800hp turbo potential.. so im just gearing myself up.. its had allot of chasis and suspension mods... so i got to be prepared... the guy who prev owned this in japan has built it for top speed... as jurgen will say its not for the faint hearted.