The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Another big weston meet

Guest Phillw454

Guest Phillw454

Right after last night was abit of a flop at the beggining i decided id have a bash at trying to organise a meet.

Im thinking May, sunday the 27th as monday is a bank holiday again.

Could meet up in weston again as that seems to be place for everyone to find, maybe morrisons as theres no speed bumps and easy to find with lots of parking?

Then move on to........wherever! Could Make a whole day of it and head down Devon way or lyme regis? Hoping the weather would be nice as both are nice sea side towns.

If not Burnham was a nice run, possibly cheddar again but think it would be abit hectic being a bank hol.

If youv got any suggestions then feel free to post up or if the day isnt any good for you, im free sat sun and mon or should be.

Hope you can make it:)

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=109821 thought we had it sorted in here dude? its cool though man if you wanna go further than WSM perhaps names should be included like we had for that RR day?

i hope i will up for it but seeing as i need to service my car urgently & get 12months tax & brakes all the way round i might not be on the road...

Guest gti_owner

why does the car need a service mate? you could change the pads+disks yourself rather than taking it to a garage and being bummed pricewise if your abit mechanically minded

Guest Phillw454
why does the car need a service mate? you could change the pads+disks yourself rather than taking it to a garage and being bummed pricewise if your abit mechanically minded

He took it to a rolling road mate then they took his car up too 7000rpm!!!:blink:

I take my car up to that limit in most gear changes:D

Guest gti_owner

:p oh bother, 7000rpm! im pretty sure the engine could cope with touching that sorta rpm once in a while!!:sly:

edit - spelling :p

Guest gti_owner

what do you mean its not happy? and seriously mate, its pads, its pretty much common sense u just need a jack, axle stand if u wana be all health and safety, socket spanner set and a few screwdrivers

sorry for spamming the thread phill, ill keep it shtum now :)

Guest MikeSupra

Sorry chaps, would love to come up but already going RTTS that weekend! Will definately come to the next one tho!

Cant see a problem with any time that weekend at the moment. Why not go all out and go further away down south and stay out overnight. See if we can get group booking on hotel or something, or even a couple of tents if we are all broke. Can pop out for some drinks on the night then. Some nice places down Devon or even Cornwall if anyone is up for it.

Guest Phillw454
We should sort out some kind of regular regional meet. Like supra owners in Bristol area or southwest.

Sounds good to me, sort of like the 1st or last weekend of each month?

And the staying down devon sounds good to, play in the day then a few bars at night

• 3 weeks later...

im interested but no offence intended, i don't wanna be parked a car park like some 17yr old boy racer chavy mo fo.... don't mind meeting there then going off to pub or cruise & stuff like that

as we will just make the young un's jealous with our PROPER CARS lol & force them to start acting like muppets & make the 5.0 come in & start hassling everybody :rolleyes: or worse one of them loses control & writes one of us off

im interested but no offence intended, i don't wanna be parked a car park like some 17yr old boy racer chavy mo fo.... don't mind meeting there then going off to pub or cruise & stuff like that

as we will just make the young un's jealous with our PROPER CARS lol & force them to start acting like muppets & make the 5.0 come in & start hassling everybody :rolleyes: or worse one of them loses control & writes one of us off

I guess you were never 17 then mate and have never owned a cheap banger that you thought the world off, lol. They all got to start off somwhere. I find a lot of supra owners on here seem to have real problems with these so called chavs. I love my supra and always want to protect it but the whole point of weston for me and many others has always been mac ds or the sea front. I just like the fact i can now afford the bigger better supra to show off to all the chavs. And when they all see it, the look on their faces makes the expense worth it. And its fun if they want to challenge you with their motors.

Guest gti_owner

people, here we have an asshole ;)

also, anyone thats owns or has owned a MODIFIED calibra is a "chav" in my eyes coz their just not cool at all :)

edit - also the fact you call the police the "5.0" just backs up my theory of you being an asshole :)

Guest Phillw454
I love the modified car scene and all that stuff with it, i am just lucky to own the supra now.

How do you think Paul learned to drift and drive the way he does? By being a mad boy racer when he was 17. And i do believe i remember one or two encounters with the law.

100% agree!!! Lets face it at some point weve all had a fwd car and cant help but dump the clutch in the wet and make the wheels spin!! Its part of growing up! I have no problem with the "chavs" aslong as they dont hit the car.

So im guessing a few people are still up for a meet on sunday? If you havnt all read by now i will be supra less by then:( so if im still welcome ill be there:)

100% agree!!! Lets face it at some point weve all had a fwd car and cant help but dump the clutch in the wet and make the wheels spin!! Its part of growing up! I have no problem with the "chavs" aslong as they dont hit the car.

So im guessing a few people are still up for a meet on sunday? If you havnt all read by now i will be supra less by then:( so if im still welcome ill be there:)

I am up for Sunday but why will you be superless?

Hang on! where's this "PROPER CAR" rubbish come from?

as an N/A driver myself i wouldn't have said many of the cars that go to places like weston macca's were any less expensive or "proper" that what i have now.

yes you've still got your fiestas and corsas but as Jim said you have to start some where otherwise what have people got to aim at? ... we'll probably have moved on in a couple of years and be driving things we are wishing to own now and those same "chavy" kids will be driving our cast offs.

i'm up for it ... as the saying goes "be there or be rolling thunder"

only joking mate, no offence intended lol

Guest Phillw454
I am up for Sunday but why will you be superless?

Selling it:( Need something more practical. But dont worry il be there sunday:d Can just go for a quick drive around weston or a drive to somewhere, im not worried, weather is with corsas or lambos aslong as there cool people.

EDIT ooooo arnt we all getting bitchy :p lol

Guest Phillw454

I know!! Its not an easy choice! Its the only car iv really liked!:( Going to be sad to see it go, but i am getting a TT before xmas!!

Its going on saturday, but if you want i could drag it out before then and we could try?