The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Face-lift High Beam Reflectors

Angarak

They would be the shiny silver reflectors with the beam scatter pattern for the high beam light :)

On the pre-facelift headlights, the beam scatter pattern for the high beams are on the plastic lens, on the facelift headlights the high beams shiny reflector has the beam scatter pattern and not the plastic lens itself.

It could be Im on the wrong track lol.

Im under the impression that the facelift highbeam light has a 'patterned' shiny reflector that is responsible for scattering the pattern.

Here is a pre-facelift light (high beam scatter pattern is in plastic lens):

http://mooch.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/supra/headlights/pre-facelift.jpg

Here is a facelift light (the reflector appears to have a 'pattern' on it to scatter the beam):

http://mooch.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/supra/headlights/facelift.jpg

Now I know the facelift plastic lens still has 'markings' on the lens around the high beam area, but not as much as the pre-facelift.

Im basically looking into the possibility of using a facelift high beam reflector/light unit in a pre-facelift headlight that has a clear lens (like the ones "suprattgaz" has made).

Can anyone confirm if Im on the right track?

Wasnt aware the face lift lights had this scatter thing, but I knew what you was on about from other cars.........

I'll shut up now though as I havent a fecking clue what your answer is, so Im mearly confusing matters just by being here lol....... ;)