The mkiv Supra Owners Club

petrol

brettjones

hi all i have owned my sup for 1 week when i 1st got the car i hit 145 and after a few days i was only hitting 120 and the car would hold back on full revs i was at the dyno day today and after having a good time there and getting a 301bhp on my stock ttjspec i filled up at the bp petrol station and my sup is like a new car the drive home was so much fun its hard to imagine that the fuel can make so much difference i just cant stop driving it i get around 160 what top speeds do other tt j spec hit and would it be worth my while getting a decat ?????????

i plan on having a new dyno done with bp petrol to see what the difference it makes if any :)

I've had mine way off the clock, but that was when BPU. It gets to an indicated 160 easy enough though.

As mentioned, BPU makes a huge difference to the performance.

You should always be using high octane petrol (97RON+).

i use v-power in my small engined car, and can really notice a difference!

Really? I can't tell the difference between 95 RON and V-Power in my UK, but I can notice the difference bewteen V-Power and Tescos 99 RON. And V-Power came out bottom! I'm not aware of any BP garages near me so I've never used BP Ultimate.

Scary. People using typical unleaded petrol in their TTs. Detonation time anyone? :(

Yes its interesting, i always use v-power but my mate uses normal unleaded and swears by it. He's never had any problems and hes had it a few years :search:

Really? I can't tell the difference between 95 RON and V-Power in my UK, but I can notice the difference bewteen V-Power and Tescos 99 RON. And V-Power came out bottom! I'm not aware of any BP garages near me so I've never used BP Ultimate.

mine would not get into 4th with tesco's look on line for you nearest bp and treat your sup :)