The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I've broken my radiator

DaveM

I have managed to break the radiator on my 1994 Auto Twin Turbo Supra.

I was fitting a new metal upper radiator hose to replace the old sagging rubber hose and have somehow managed to crack the plastic collar on the radiator that the hose connects to.

The plastic collar seems to have crumbled, I can only assume that I have been completely hamfisted and overtightened the jubilee clip.

I now need to find a replacement radiator.

I don't want to get an aftermarket radiator, so does anyone know if you can still get the radiators from Toyota and how much they ask for them?

Alternatively does anyone know of anywhere in the Reading\Berkshire area that is likely to supply a reconditioned unit for a supra?

I've read about the after market radiators needing electric fans fitting for the autobox oil cooling and to be honest you can see the mess I made of doing a simple job of changing a hose.

I really just want to keep it as simple as possible and swap like for like.

I was expecting around the £300 mark so Gaz I think I will be on the phone to you on Tuesday (assuming you are closed for business until then due to the bank holiday)