The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Nooo! Top Secret front 0 v 1 Tow bar

steb9780

:( Sat in traffic before, and I was a fair way from the car, sorry, van in front. I had the little one in the back and she was kicking off as she'd dropped something that she was trying to eat.

So I started leaning back trying to get it (as you do), then crunch. I must have raised the clutch to the biting point, which is very low, with leaning back. And I had rolled onto this nice wrecking ball of a tow bar.

Guy jumped out and just said "oh well mate mine's fine, yours isn't and drove off".

What do people reckon to getting it repaired or will I be best off with a new bumper??

numpty2.jpg

numpty3.jpg

numpty1.jpg

So he drove off from the scene of an accident?

not really a accident your going to waste tax payers money on getting the police out? now if it happen to be a car full of polish then that's a different story

unlucky tho mate happens to the best of us, my old car and a run it my a post was't pretty

He didn't drive off as such he just had a look made sure his van wasn't damaged etc. Then got off, we both had a chuckle about it first though.

I am just glad he wasn't interested as most people would have been out of the car holding there necks etc.

not really a accident your going to waste tax payers money on getting the police out? now if it happen to be a car full of polish then that's a different story

unlucky tho mate happens to the best of us, my old car and a run it my a post was't pretty

No, personally I wouldn't have called the police and gone down that route. I was just trying to make a point, although to whom I'm not sure :D Think I was trying to be 'mighty' lol

Hope you get it sorted out soon matey :)

Yep it'll have to wait until I get back off holiday in a few weeks now.

Anybody have a rough idea of cost to fix etc??

Hya buddy, sorry to see the damage. Was it your goodself i saw on NH Lane this mornin, Preston?:)

Hya buddy, sorry to see the damage. Was it your goodself i saw on NH Lane this mornin, Preston?:)

Yes probably, can't remember the time exactly between 10 and 11ish??

What car were you in?? I don't recall seeing a Sup except one near my house L8 SUP or something.

I am just glad he wasn't interested as most people would have

been out of the car holding there necks etc.

Just wait you maybe getting a call from the nation accident helpline

..........WHERE THERES BLAME...... (all together) THERE'S A CLAIM ......

Just wait you maybe getting a call from the nation accident helpline

..........WHERE THERES BLAME...... (all together) THERE'S A CLAIM ......

Yeah I did think that, but he won't have seen my number plate as it's angled away from where he stood on the other side of the car :)

Hi, I made my one of these from scratch. I could help fix it only distance is a bit of a fcuk. Painting one of these is £150, and you want to make sure you strengthen it from the back. I have a shed of f-glass and resin, shame you are so far away or i would have done i for ya:(

Man its crappy when you do this. I had a woman at the petro; station sit behindy range rover (tow barred up) and she sat waiting with her foot on the clutch, she dumped it when she saw me coming back to my car and stacked straight into my tow bar. She was very apologetic about the whole thing but didn't seem interested in the damage she had done to her car. Weird maybe it wasn't her car.

Yeah the thought did cross my mind.

I think I'll just wait and get it sorted in a month or so.

There is a body shop in Croston that has done some work on my NA recently. They are great but I'm not sure if they'll work on FG.

Number - 01772 600964. Speak to John or Phil..;)

Won't cost you anything to get it looked at mate!!

H.

No not had a quote or anything just yet, I do knowa bloke who does bodywork. I'll nip and see him first when I come back off holiday. Can't afford to have it done just yet.

I'll give them a call too in Croston, a lad I work with works at RB Motorsport it's quite close to Croston, so I am sure he'll know them too.

Thanks people.