The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Eibach springs - cheapest supplier?

mista weava

As per title, who is the cheapest person to use for the supply of eibach springs?

this is for and NA car (not though i suppose that matters..?)

or am i barking up the wrong tree with reference to this thread?

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=109539

i spoke to jezzybabes and he seemed to think that the eibach spring kit on his car offered a better ride quality to that of the std suspension. would anyone be able to comment on this, or do people think that to get the ride quality and smoothenss (and reduced rattles) we would be better getting some new UK springs from toyota?

thanks,

Weave

There's a buy in now price on that link that says £235 - where'd ya get the £181 from or am I being blind / thick (delete whichever is applicable :) )

As per title, who is the cheapest person to use for the supply of eibach springs?

this is for and NA car (not though i suppose that matters..?)

or am i barking up the wrong tree with reference to this thread?

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=109539

i spoke to jezzybabes and he seemed to think that the eibach spring kit on his car offered a better ride quality to that of the std suspension. would anyone be able to comment on this, or do people think that to get the ride quality and smoothenss (and reduced rattles) we would be better getting some new UK springs from toyota?

thanks,

Weave

You're barking up the wrong tree mate. In that thread you were asking for MORE ride comfort - correct?

The Eibachs are MUCH harder than than the stock jspec springs and lower the car around 1inch. They are a nightmare on bad roads.

Thanks Homer - i was only going on the advice given to me by Jezzybabes.

i have had two set so eibachs on an impreza and an evo. they firmed things up in the manner you suggest.

one mans comfort is another mans bone shaker i reckon.

reckon jezzy may be able to come up with the goods ofr stock UK springs afterall.

we just want ride quality!!!!

Thanks Homer - i was only going on the advice given to me by Jezzybabes.

i have had two set so eibachs on an impreza and an evo. they firmed things up in the manner you suggest.

one mans comfort is another mans bone shaker i reckon.

reckon jezzy may be able to come up with the goods ofr stock UK springs afterall.

we just want ride quality!!!!

I expect Jezzy thought you were after better handling rather than ride comfort. Lets face it, there are few people that ask for softer ride with these cars!

I'm sure he can help you out with some UK springs.

:shock:

He's after a softer ride matey, not improved handling. Unusual I know :D

Must admit, if I moved back to the west country I'd be doing the same. I was doing 15mph along some roads near my folks place - Eibachs/Bilsteins are not the best option for those living out in the sticks!

lol - as ever no definitive answer!

i do know that i am fed up with the current arrangement though.

OK, who has been in a UK car AND a Jap spec car on crap roads then?

:)

Me!

The UK Spec has a far softer ride.

Jezzy, you must have some knackered springs, or something thats been wrongly badged. The Eibachs have a higher spring rate than the standard jap specs.