The mkiv Supra Owners Club

nice profit!!

mkirby

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing wrong with what he has done. I expect if he is a dealer it is probably in the bodsyshop now having the marks and dents sorted out.
and the heater matrix, I assume, since it's not mentioned.

What would not be fair, however, is not explaining to the buyer that it's a "bitsa", converted from auto to manual with the 5-speed out of a non-turbo car. They seem to have forgotten to copy that part of Martin's eBay listing......

I don't have any problem at all wit what the guy is doing. At the end of the day he is doing what everybody in any form of business does. he is buying as cheap as he can and selling as dear as he can.

As for the description, well, caveat emptor eh?

I think its a bit misleading!!

when it was being sold on here it was cheap because it needed work ie new clutch, heater matrix, new box if the power is increased, injectors, ecu, etc etc

So in fact it was a cheap car which needed a good 3-4k spending on it where as now its an expensive car which STILL needs 3-4k spending on it!!

Mike

I don't have any problem at all with what the guy is doing. At the end of the day he is doing what everybody in any form of business does, he is buying as cheap as he can and selling as dear as he can.

As for the description, well, caveat emptor eh?

As for the description.... Since Trading Standards have prosecuted in the past when import Toyotas have been sold with Lexus badges, and the traders forgot to mention that they were not really Lexus models, I think omitting to mention that it was effectively a kit car might be a problem :)

As for the description.... Since Trading Standards have prosecuted in the past when import Toyotas have been sold with Lexus badges, and the traders forgot to mention that they were not really Lexus models, I think omitting to mention that it was effectively a kit car might be a problem :)

Effectively a kit car? :blink:

Effectively a kit car? :blink:
OK, that was a joke... but you know what I mean.

I'd buy it (at the right price), but I know what it is. If I was an ordinary punter and I found out I'd bought a car which was originally an auto and had been fitted with the "wrong" manual gearbox, I'd be asking for my money back.

(and I have a feeling that if you were selling it, the description would be accurate)