The mkiv Supra Owners Club

BPU all done :)

MrHanky

Well just got back from Thor after having EVC5 fitted and UK brakes on and I am well chuffed. Haven't had any chance to feel power yet as it was rush hour and I need a bit of time to bed in brakes. I did however get results from dyno and they are as follows.

400.0 bhp at 5633 RPM

418.1 ft/lb torque at 4229 RPM

Any way I am well chuffed and the only problem I have to get fixed is the driver's side rear wheel bearing. This will be sorted in next few weeks.

Cheers for staying with me on way home Maz :)

Mark :D

Cheers people. I am hopefully going out tonight to spend some time bedding in brakes. Then I can finally feel 1.2 bar and be able to stop :)

On the subject of flywheel etc, I thought the readings were from hub (although I could be completely wrong). Although I do know that a fair few people say that Thors is very flattering. Either way im happy and not far off Johnnyknox's readings from the same dyno :)

On the subject of flywheel etc, I thought the readings were from hub (although I could be completely wrong). Although I do know that a fair few people say that Thors is very flattering. Either way im happy and not far off Johnnyknox's readings from the same dyno :)

Well, they say its hub, but i think everyone agrees it's actually flywheel. It even says so on most of the dyno sheets. It's not important though... so long as the car is working well :)

Well, they say its hub, but i think everyone agrees it's actually flywheel. It even says so on most of the dyno sheets. It's not important though... so long as the car is working well :)

I must admit that did confuse me when reading the sheet. Like you say it how it goes anyway. I loved it at 1bar so im sure it will be fantastic at 1.2 :)

All my Thor dyno sheets 'say' flywheel - that's just a title on the sheet, but it's def displaying hub, there's a thing on the sheet called TCF which is 1.0 (I think it stands for transmission correction factor). As that is 1.0 it means they don't mess with the reading from the rollers, they could start changing that number and dial in a percentage loss so the figures on the graph/chart would then be in flywheel terms (as long as they got the factor correct).

Guest Nicholas
Congrats mate....good figures too!! :D

Wont be long till you want a single like I do though. :(

You need to learn how to drive yours first ;)

Congrats Mark, can you believe Halfords didn't have any dot 3 brake fluid!!!

Guest mk47

Good to see you again mark i was hoping for a blast home with you but never mind! next time ey? totally killed the audi tt though so had a bit of fun :)

once again thanks for the discs!

Congrats mate....good figures too!! :D

Wont be long till you want a single like I do though. :(

Cheers mate. Got to feel 1.2 this morning as there was a clear stretch where I didnt need to brake hard on. Damn it feels quick :)

Already starting to think about it :(

Probably a year and a half away or more.

Good to see you again mark i was hoping for a blast home with you but never mind! next time ey? totally killed the audi tt though so had a bit of fun :)

once again thanks for the discs!

I would of liked that too mate but there was too much traffic and im still bedding in. Still at least we killed the Audi :)

No worries mate. I will be giving you a call about the wheel bearing later.

Mark

I am taking it into Toyoda Tech. Cant wait. Bet you will have some fun this bank hols :)

I am taking it easy for a bit. The car goes back to Thor the week after next to get the wheel bearing done as it is pretty knackered. Im sure I will still have some fun though ;)