The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Stubby aerial problem

pete_TT

Recieved my Stubby aerial today from the group buy, though i have a problem as i can't fit it as i think im missin a part which i think is an extension.(see pic below)

(Circled)

(This pic is from the first page of the group buy)

Is anyone else missing this part? Without it the aerial dosent reach the amplifier.

I also found a good fitting guide on the supraforum.

http://1210.8k.com/

I don't think im the only one missing this part.

Thanks

I've just fitted mine. I didn't have that bit and I admit that the fit around the grommet iis none too good. Where does that bit go?

Edit to add I didn't get the base antenna nut either. Is this because we ended up getting a slightly different kit to the one pictured?

I've just fitted mine. I didn't have that bit and I admit that the fit around the grommet iis none too good. Where does that bit go?

Edit to add I didn't get the base antenna nut either. Is this because we ended up getting a slightly different kit to the one pictured?

Look at the fitting guide on the weblink i provided pic 8 shows where it goes.

superpaulwilson is there any chance you could make another extension for me for some cash?

maybe Imi can talk to his supplier and get some extensions?

Not really happy to fit the aerial to my car without the extension bit as the fit around the grommit isnt great.

forgive me for asking a silly question, but if you solder a wire to the base and then to the stubby, what is holding the stubby in place on the outside of the car? what is the stubby screwing into?

or have i missed something?

EDIT: beaten to it :)

In the end I just cut the inner grommet as per Mr Lovers thread and placed it in hot water and the pushed it into the hole and got a snug fit. Put the aerial directly onto the booster pack and then boleted that in using the bracket supplied. This left it with a slight gap around the aerial and the outer sleeve that goes over the aerial and grommet, but a bit of clear silicone sealent has sorted that out.

A couple of pics.

So all in all actually, I'm quite pleased with it. :)

P1010661 (Medium).JPG

P1010662 (Medium).JPG

P1010667 (Medium).JPG