The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra v Starlet Gt

fishman

I've been having a look through the threads, and i also heard some members talking about this last weekend at the TurboFit meet, is this actually going to happen???

Think it would be quite interesting

Cheers :)

The Starlet driver in question was breaking the car and it wasn't going to come back on the road so if you want to make it happen you'll have to find another I guess. Seems fairly pointless to me though.... do you still have one?

Original "my Starlet is as fast as your Supra" thread here:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=107365

I presume that's what the conversation was about.

The Starlet driver in question was breaking the car and it wasn't going to come back on the road so if you want to make it happen you'll have to find another I guess. Seems fairly pointless to me though.... do you still have one?

Original "my Starlet is as fast as your Supra" thread here:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=107365

I presume that's what the conversation was about.

Yeah, thats the one i was reading, and i heard members talking about it last sunday, just wondered reli.........

i raced two tuned starlets at the recent straightliners events here in ireland and they beat me :( but it was ok as my spark plugs werent gapped and when i hit the second turbo she died and went off a cylinder or two however they didnt beat me by that much which kept me happy noing that the supe was sick and they werent winning with ease lol

i raced two tuned starlets at the recent straightliners events here in ireland and they beat me :( but it was ok as my spark plugs werent gapped and when i hit the second turbo she died and went off a cylinder or two however they didnt beat me by that much which kept me happy noing that the supe was sick and they werent winning with ease lol

I knew the name rang a bell :) One of them was my brother-in-law, Jamie Scott :)

Guest alexmslv

I might be wrong but Starlet is not serious car aftre 120mph+. Or I'm wrong?

All this small cars can make good straight run or 0-60 run due to their hurb weight but they are dengerous on motorway. I've experinced 177mph real speed, not on speedo (and still had power to push my Supe) and it was on narrow 2-lines French motorway. How many Starlet owners could say the same?:search: Maybe some of them could but they are already in cemetry :innocent:

I raced a 210bhp starlet that i used to own in my NA, it pulled away about 3-4car lengths up to 70 after that the gaped stoped! lol and i started catching up and over took. loads of power! no torque!

Mine was a lovely car i did like it.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/dibbley/starlet/100_0192.jpg

just because Starlet simply can't reach 120mph :p

:rolleyes: What determines top speed? Other than wind resistance etc. it's gotta be bhp, right? With modified Starlets kicking out in excess of 200bhp and weighing about 900kg, 120mph really isn't a problem.

I raced a 210bhp starlet that i used to own in my NA, it pulled away about 3-4car lengths up to 70 after that the gaped stoped! lol and i started catching up and over took. loads of power! no torque!

Mine was a lovely car i did like it.

[qimg]http://homepage.ntlworld.com/dibbley/starlet/100_0192.jpg[/qimg]

LMAO!!!! it wasnt 210bhp mate, trust me!! does your NA supra do 13sec quarters?? lol no, my mate has a 202bhp starlet and did consistent 13's and got a 13.5 as his best. so no mate, it wasnt 210:)

lol, a bit far from me mate...if it is 278 then im sure it is fookin fast! what turbo and setup was that using then mate?

Its a Garrett T28, cant remember the exact spec now, proper manifold and external wastegate, JE pistons, Crower rods, fully ported/flow benched head. Std cams at the mo though. More to come if needed!