The mkiv Supra Owners Club

UKTT6 Vs scooby P1?

chrisavila100

My best mate has just sold his corrado (black one that broke at supra pod!) and he is picking up a very tidy lightly modded P1 at the weekend!

He is convinced that it will be quicker than mine and to be honest i think it will be very close!

He saw a dyno graph for ths car and its running 315 fly hp!

Stock power is 280 bhp/265torque,@1295kg, Known really to be 300bhp!! 0/60 in 4.7:(

So im sure in a off the lights situation he would have a good edge on me, but i think once rolling ie 40 mph+ i should be able to pull away a bit? i hope!!

ive had the bragging rights for 3 years now and i hope to keep them:rolleyes:

so what do you think anyone had a race/driven one of these?

how do you think i will get on..

A mate of mine has a very nice P1 (and his mate an STI8 PPP) and we have had much fun chasing each other around Oxfordshire and Berkshire ;)

Though the P1 is incredibly quick off the line, my BPU supra could leave it standing as soon as either of us reached 2nd gear. I could overtake him with easy at any speed, have far more grip through even the tightest corners and even on the jspec brakes was only slightly disadvataged on hard corners. This was through the "13 bends of death" between Reading and Oxford to those that know it ;)

It would be a totally difference outcome if it rained :D

Will try to avoid the lights!

Yep will be a close call i think..

Should hopefully be going bpu soon,so im sure that would wipe the smile off his face:p

Adi i hear you a dab hand at fitting the blitz sbc id3? may well need someone to call upon if i get lost in wires:search:

p.s well done on the fastest stock at the pod! v nice trophy:cool:

See you around chris..

Hmm can't wait!! going to be like a new car all over again:)

Just waiting to sort a new smic then its off to cw's for a little pampering!

Im sure with the w/i he's going to fit i should be able to get thoes lazy turbos(on the odd run) up to 1.3/4 bar for a good bit of exercise:p

how did the sti8 ppp compare to yours?

I've raced tons of different Scoobies, standing and rolling starts. I would say don't even worry too much about standing start race if you can launch well (and it's not raining!). On my Jap BPU TT6 I find launching at 3000 revs to be effective. Practise launching on a private road.

I'd avoid the lights as being childish, instead ask him to time himself 120-160:d :search:

A well-sorted UKSpec can do 0-100 in just under 10secs, can the scooby keep up?:blink:

In the unlikely event that his answer is 'yes', remind him that the supra stretches it's legs after 100. He stands no chance in hell then.:cool:

I reckon a stock uk 6 will defo have its work cut out with a p1, a mate has a new 2.5wrx thats just been prodrived (265) and we had a go from an 80 roll, i didnt start to leave him untill 120ish that was with my boost @ 0.9 bar, @ 1.2 i could pull away quite easily, good luck.

my father in law has the type r which is a little lighter than the p1 and even though its pretty standard its very very rapid, upto 80 ish there silly quick and would take a bpu++ to beat one to 80.

standard out of the box his does 0-60 in 4.3 seconds!!