The mkiv Supra Owners Club

FMIC pipe Fabrication

RobSheffield

I need a pipe making, from compressor silicone 45 degree elbow under chassis rail, 180 and into fmic, 3" alloy or steel or anything hollow, i dont mind. could look a little rough, i can sort laters

Basically, need a pipe to get mappin etc, and then maybe tidy later (cant drive car anywherefor fitting)

I can supply all dims, any clues?

Try Supradibbs or Turbofit mate, Wayne always says custom stuff is his thing. I know turbofit have a welder than can make up pretty much anything, though they would probably need your car if you can't provide exact measurements or diagrams

You can buy intercooler piping on ebay either in a kit or single pipes and then just cut it down to size to fit.

That won't be any good for Rob as he has a single turbo setup. The ebay stuff is for the stock setup only.

Rob, is this to route from the compressor to your IC inlet? You're going down by the rail rather than through the wing right?

Rob, is this to route from the compressor to your IC inlet? You're going down by the rail rather than through the wing right?

Yes mate, to both :)

Already got the silicone pipe off the tub.

I cant get the car to them, but can get dimensions out to anyone, will PM Wayne

I already PMd TF, awaiting reply :(

That won't be any good for Rob as he has a single turbo setup. The ebay stuff is for the stock setup only.

Not quite sure what you mean (I wasnt talking about a stock hard pipe kit) I have done an XS Power Single Turbo kit on my mates aristo with a XS power intercooler and the pipe kit I got off ebay was perfect.

It came with 90, 45, 20 degree and straight pipes with hoses and clips, although the hoses are shite you need to change that for samco.

You can also buy 90 degree pipes for about £12 on there own.

aristo1.JPG

aristo2.JPG

aristo3.JPG

I already PMd TF, awaiting reply :(

In my experience its best to call them if you want answers, I think they're too busy to spend much time dealing with forum queries.

Edit - Lee, Rob needs a very custom pipe made, it's nothing like the kit available from eBay.

Not quite sure what you mean I have done an XS Power Single Turbo kit on my mates aristo with a XS power intercooler and the pipe kit I got off ebay was perfect.

It came with 90, 45, 20 degree and straight pipes with hoses and clips, although the hoses are shite you need to change that for samco.

You can also buy 90 degree pipes for about £12 on there own.

Problem with most of the ebay pipes is that they dont all have the rolled edges, and mine is going a different route to the FMIC to most cars.

I would still need them fabbing up....Any fabricator worth the job will have their own pipes to work with ;)

Problem with most of the ebay pipes is that they dont all have the rolled edges, and mine is going a different route to the FMIC to most cars.

I would still need them fabbing up....Any fabricator worth the job will have their own pipes to work with ;)

You don't necessarily. My intercooler pipework is just a series of pipe bends from a place in the USA cut to size and joined up with silicon couplers and clamps. If you want to get it welded together in the future you can, but it's far less hassle than trailoring the car to someone to fab something. It'll be near impossible to just measure it up and get someone to make it, you'll never be able to specify all the angles and lengths fully.

Problem with most of the ebay pipes is that they dont all have the rolled edges

You don't have to have rolled edges.... you can flare them out yourself (make them slightly bellmouthed at the tip). Does the same job preventing the hose popping off. Just takes a pair of pliers (on thin Alu pipes) or a piece of bar in a vice to bash it on!

You don't have to have rolled edges.... you can flare them out yourself (make them slightly bellmouthed at the tip). Does the same job preventing the hose popping off. Just takes a pair of pliers (on thin Alu pipes) or a piece of bar in a vice to bash it on!

Of course :p

Right, ill buy a million pipes off ebay, watch out for a for sale thread near you :p

Your correct they dont have rolled edges and if its the pipes from the turbo to the intercooler then yes its a pain.

The pipe on the Aristo runs down straight to the intercooler and not through the wing also.

I used the stock piping for this and just adjusted it where needed.

If you can get the stock intercooler piping from an Aristo it would get you by for now and works a treat.

Thanks

Lee

Rob, PHR do an IC pipe that routes from the compressor, down the rail to the FMIC, I had to get mine cut and welded to clear the steering rack (being RHD), but it could be a good starting point for you.

Basically the pipe was cut and then taped together in correct configuration, then taken to get welded up. This is the pipe after welding.

http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/8108/dsc00085pl0.jpg

Rob,

If it helps I could take that PHR pipe off mine and send it to you for copying (or somewhere else if you like) as long as you get it back to me in a fortnight.

Jake, that would be brilliant, thanks very much.

I shall figure out if it needs sending to me or elsewhere and PM you :)