The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Wooo hooo - Collecting her tomorrow!

Pig

All done and dusted! Picking her up tomorrow.

All run in, running and now running @ 1.2 bar (so will be taking it easy on the engine for the first 500 - 700 miles that should be good to drive hard for the dragon ball.)

Rolling road figures: 447RWHP and 471.3 Torque @ 1.2 Bar

Dead chuffed with the figures, didnt expect them to be that high - cant wait to drive her, will let you all know what its like!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice one Jon, sounded sweet when Dan brought it back from its first running in dyno session, i even helped clean it while i was waiting for the boys to fit me new ic:)

Thanks, i hope its sparkling :) I havent heard it with the new exhaust....i hope its quiet :)

Don't break it this time! ;)

Gunna be tough making sure i take it easy when i get it back :( I cant afford not to though!

Nice one :)

Thanks mate, your turn soon!

Great news Jon, must be a great feeling to be finally getting her running properly :)

Sorry if I missed something, but are you still using the BL T61? Did you change anything else in the build?

Yeah. Fingers crossed it will have been worth the wait, certainly the way to go! If only i had listened lol!

Yep, stayed with the T61. Put a big old fuel system on there and the AEM. That with the manual should cover it.

Just take it easy Jon and get used to it. Just remember to change gear:D

Dont you know there are going to be many red faced moments :blush:

Im noticing a trend here with the fact that i used to thrash the sh1t out of my old engine when stone cold :) ill be honest now, i was sure it needed a rebuild so was helping it. lol

This engine will get 100% respect when cold and at the end of journeys..... will get used "properly" though :)

Off to go and check out Wez's spec now

P.S Cant believe you missed it homer, almost all my posts mentioned it ;)

Looking forward to seeing it at some events this year!

I probably wasn't a member at the time, so what happened "last time"? Other than you driving it like you're trying to break it?? :p

I bought the car, turned it BPU, Ran 1.4 bar max (UK SPEC CAR) with very high EGT's topping about 950 C. Had issues with car, had turbo's taken off to diagnose the prob. decided to put 2nd hand hybrids on as didnt want 100k turbos going back on. one blew on its first run so went single. Not including fuel system. had it mapped, turned up boot with a bleed valve....to be fair to me i think i had already snapped a piston before as it had absolutly NO power until boost came on and basically has the worst single known to man. Took the car off the road in July to save up to have all this work done! AND BREATH

I bought the car, turned it BPU, Ran 1.4 bar max (UK SPEC CAR) with very high EGT's topping about 950 C. Had issues with car, had turbo's taken off to diagnose the prob. decided to put 2nd hand hybrids on as didnt want 100k turbos going back on. one blew on its first run so went single. Not including fuel system. had it mapped, turned up boot with a bleed valve....to be fair to me i think i had already snapped a piston before as it had absolutly NO power until boost came on and basically has the worst single known to man. Took the car off the road in July to save up to have all this work done! AND BREATH

Well written! :lol:

That sounds like the kind of experience with a car that would put a lot of people off bothering anymore. I bet you're glad you persevered through it all. Enjoy it!

Thanks all. Nice to see people telling me to be careful, i shall be, i couldnt bear the embarrasement of telling you all i had stacked it ;)

Im sure it wont be too long till i try a different turbo adi :Djust got home from work and shall be leaving in about 1 hour!