The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Install and set up EMU

ADD

Afternoon guys, ive just bought an EMU from nic :D ready to be installed and set up for the hybrids ive just bought of soop dogg :D does anybody know of anywhere fairly local to the hampshire area that instal and set these up. Dont get me wrong i'm willing to travel a fair distance, but unfortunately the main man Ian C is a little too far from me. Any help would be appreciated.

cheers ADD

You can just buy a base map from Ian anyway...it will be a good "guess" to get you started....

If you want someone to wire it up then you need to speak to Matt Harwood of Sextons.

cheers alex, would matt map it up too?

Why Buy a base map when the emanage is a piggy back and the car will just run off the standard ecu when its plugged in and everything is left at zero. :blink:

Get it mapped properly mate insteed of these base maps which are maps of similar cars but every engines ve is different so there a waste of money was shocked how much people are charging for them when i was doing abit of investigating

Why Buy a base map when the emanage is a piggy back and the car will just run off the standard ecu when its plugged in and everything is left at zero. :blink:

Get it mapped properly mate insteed of these base maps which are maps of similar cars but every engines ve is different so there a waste of money was shocked how much people are charging for them when i was doing abit of investigating

Erm the base map is for the different injector size, assuming the injectors are upgraded to suit the increase in power....which ADD hasn't mentioned.

Ian's tried and tested base maps are quite close to optimal out of the box nowadays.

If he's sticking with 440's he'll be fine to run around with the boost down and the eManage Zero'd.

EDIT - his sig says he's fitting 550's...so he will require a base map to run, unless you think it's clever to over fuel :blink:

:blink:

Base maps allow you to move the car to a location for mapping, simple as that.

i think im probably gonna take the car down to reworx and get the ecu fitted and mapped there instead of goin from one place to another on a base map.

Reworx said it would be 295 to map the car and about 200 to fit the EMU, does that sound about right?

The prices are about the same as Ian and Matt would charge, so from a professional company it seems rather cheap.

Do they have experience mapping the EMU on a Supra? I would say that solid proven mapping experience with this setup is essential. You don't want to be a testbed for their mapper learning this setup!

No offence to Ian C, he does do some great work, I've used him twice and would use him again. However, the top end of the range really does require a rolling road session to make sure that the timing is spot on. Nothing else needs to be done, but Ian obviously goes very conservative on the top end side with the timing. Wouldn't take long to sort however and I'd rather have Ian C do my map than anyone else. Shame he doesn't have a rolling road to do the last little bits on.

No offence to Ian C, he does do some great work, I've used him twice and would use him again. However, the top end of the range really does require a rolling road session to make sure that the timing is spot on. Nothing else needs to be done, but Ian obviously goes very conservative on the top end side with the timing. Wouldn't take long to sort however and I'd rather have Ian C do my map than anyone else. Shame he doesn't have a rolling road to do the last little bits on.

Actually, he does (kind of). There is one just down the road from him we were going to use for my mapping (it was planned for mid-winter, so neither of us were happy mapping a T67 on the road!), the rates are VERY reasonable too, around £120 for the time Ian needed to do a full map.

Erm the base map is for the different injector size, assuming the injectors are upgraded to suit the increase in power....which ADD hasn't mentioned.

Ian's tried and tested base maps are quite close to optimal out of the box nowadays.

If he's sticking with 440's he'll be fine to run around with the boost down and the eManage Zero'd.

EDIT - his sig says he's fitting 550's...so he will require a base map to run, unless you think it's clever to over fuel

Well most decent ecu's or piggy backs have a injection correction option And after doing some research so does the emanager ultimate. so all you would have to do is plug in adjust injector correction values and off you go. Thats a base map to keep off boost till you get to mappers

I dont have much experience in emanager as i map full stand alone ecu's not signal fudgers ;)

Ryan, the injection correction is a global setting and pretty much unusable for the Supra ECU. It's an extremely poor way to set up an ECU, I'd be surprised if anyone could drive a supra using it. A proper base map (like the ones Ian supplies) is the only way to go after first installing a new set of injectors. Obviously it should only be used as a "drive home" map or to get you to your chosen mapper.

OK might be bad way on emanagers by sounds of it but its a signal fudger end of day. Global injector correction is not a bad way at all on a fully stand alone trust me. All standalone ecus use this feature.

Have you or alex actually used or mapped any full standalones

In the end the global injector correction on the Emanage does exactly the same as correcting the airflow map, as it alters the signal in just the same way, in fact IMO as the emanage is set up for and expecting an AFM signal, i would say given that the Supra is MAP, well J spec anyway, its still not going to equate to an exact correction factor, i ran both the blue and the ultimate on my S14 using the global correction, and had no problems whatsoever, in fact it made just the same power as when i switched to the Power FC.

Guest Geneb

ryan looks like you getting another supra to tune bud mines coming your way after i get the externals done, have decided to use my advertising budget on the supe and claim it as advertizing so got £7K to spend on it.:):)

gotta keep up with stevie

The prices are about the same as Ian and Matt would charge, so from a professional company it seems rather cheap.

Do they have experience mapping the EMU on a Supra? I would say that solid proven mapping experience with this setup is essential. You don't want to be a testbed for their mapper learning this setup!

Reworx are primarily RX7 tuners but have done some work on supra's, so i would say they are not completely up to terms with the supra set up. The guy asured me it would be done on the rollers and done properly. Why does ian have to live so far away :rolleyes: