The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Power Deivery Single, T70.

Geo

Right all,

My car is being worked on at the mo, getting a small single installed down at Turbo Fit by Greg.

What is the difference between the power delivery of the Single to the Twin??

Am i in for a good time with the Setup??

Am I correct in saying a T70 is not a very small turbo.

The power delivery of a single turbo is more linear than a BPU motor and depending on the choice of turbo and setup it can be very violent :)

T70 is an xspower turbo is it not? You may find this to be quite laggy mate, although when it does come online you'll have a big smile on your face :D What other mods are you going to run with this? fueling, ecu etc?

T70 is an xspower turbo is it not? You may find this to be quite laggy mate, although when it does come online you'll have a big smile on your face :D What other mods are you going to run with this? fueling, ecu etc?

Fully BPU, running an Fcon S, just using standard injectors at the mo, until i can afford bigger ones. Also running, SAFC2, boost, and EGT Guage, boost controller, walbro Pump.

I found that the low rpm power that I lost, got lobbed onto to the top end (and then some!). But for me, its not just the increase in power, its the noise of chattering external wastegates and open screamer pipes which makes any journey in my supe rewarding - who needs stereos with a soundtrack like that? :)

I found that the low rpm power that I lost, got lobbed onto to the top end (and then some!).

Depending on turbo choice you shouldnt lose anything low down compared with stock setup.

Homer had some dyno plots of BPU versus well setup singles.

Am I correct in saying a T70 is not a very small turbo.

The power delivery of a single turbo is more linear than a BPU motor and depending on the choice of turbo and setup it can be very violent

Wez you went out in mine when i was had my boost problems.

Terrible turner had a T70 on his for a while and that drove loverly till he ran 2 bar through it:D

Yeah i saw 30psi+ through mine about 2 weeks back. Felt AMAZING but killed it :D

Is your car auto or manual. With the auto you will suffer a bit more with lag but you'll learn how and when it comes in and have the car sideways everywhere :D

My fuelling is bigger, but i think Rush still uses 440's on his with an safc2 piggybacking.