The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My New supra (couple of pics)

Guest Chumpalot

Guest Chumpalot

Apologies if this is in the wrong place, please move if necessary.

Just thought I'd update you on a recent purchase I made and get some thoughts and opinions etc...

I bought Irfan_Habib's 1995 TT Auto on Saturday morning and have had the biggest smile on my face since :) can I just say many thanks to Irfan for a good sale and being up front when it came to details about the car. A pleasure to deal with.

A couple of pics for you. Really need to take some more at the weekend.

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/carimages/5205/front.jpg

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/carimages/5205/front2.jpg

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/carimages/5205/Side.jpg

me testing out my photography skills :eyebrows:

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/carimages/5205/Rear.jpg

Already have a few things lined up for her. Some new (and larger) wheels and a new front. I don't mind the look of the Veilside front but it just looks ever so slightly ott in my opinion. Looking for perhaps a Bomex or TS to replace it. Also some Tein Coilovers are in the pipeline.

I've had so much fun driving her, unlike any other car I've driven before and so glad I went for a TT.

Your thoughts and opinions are greatly appreciated :)

David

Guest Chumpalot

bodywork needs touching up here and there but the engine and interior are spot on.

Getting the bonnet resprayed this month to remove a key mark (slightly visible in the 2nd pic, just right off centre) and then getting another key mark out the passenger's side door after that.

Always wanted a black car :D

definetly the car i am thinking of, as that had an x scratched onto it somewhere, door or bonnet, and another mark whereever the x mark wasnt :)

it sounded like a lovely car though. I 'think' the previous owner had quite a lot of work done on the engine, rebuilding it?

IMHO I would stay with that front end. I generally agree that, that front is a little excessive with the exception of when its on a black motor. It looks fantastic as do the rear lights.

Good choice and great colour!!!!!!!!

Guest Chumpalot

thanks MrHanky :)

yup thats the one. The X is on the bonnet. Nothing that can't be sorted out though. It sounds lovely, and there has been quite a bit of work done on the engine yes. I'm eager to get it onto a rolling road to see how much power it's putting out.

spoiler is also slightly different to stock isnt it? it sits a bit lower? Some different wheels would make it look so much better :thumbs:

Yeah I would agree it seems to have more of an angle as well.

Very nice

Guest Chumpalot

it's the Greddy rear spoiler. It's slightly smaller than the stock one and slants out over the rear a bit more. I like it :)

I just think the Veilside looks a bit too mean... I would like something a bit more subtle but still keeping in character with the car.

Guest Chumpalot
Does it still have light blue sparkplug and fuse lid covers? :)

It does yes. Along with a few hoses and pipes etc...

I'll get a pic of the engine bay up.

Guest Chumpalot

see I much prefer that front compared to the Veilside. Just looks smoother and more rounded. How they should be imo.

Guest Chumpalot

Okay, this might seem like a completely idiotic thing to say but hey, I'm still learning.

I'm wondering if the car has been BPU'd. It's had both cats taken out and a restrictor ring put in place. An uprated fuel pump and fuel cut defender have been installed as well.

Is this all that's needed or is there more work necessary?

If i put my foot down and hit the kickdown button, the car seems to shoot forward at 4k revs. And by shooting forward I mean it really does throw you back in your seat.