The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Side repeaters

cheekymonkey

My supra is now ready after getting a new front bumper (after the old one fell apart all by itself :blink: ) and I have got the bodyshop to hold off drilling any holes for the side repeaters until I choose a new set, as I want some clear ones.

Question is - can I pretty much use any type? Can I go to LED ones (if they exist) and use the stock wiring?

There's a fairly good selection at MotorBitz these days but I'd choose the ones you want before you cut the holes. Although most of them are "universal", I found most of the crystal clear ones didn't quite fit. And yes, there are LED ones too. :)

Got mine from Ripspeed in the end.

There's a fairly good selection at MotorBitz these days but I'd choose the ones you want before you cut the holes. Although most of them are "universal", I found most of the crystal clear ones didn't quite fit. And yes, there are LED ones too. :)

Got mine from Ripspeed in the end.

Yeah that was my thinking - choose them first and then get the holes made to measure since it's a brand new bumper.

Cheers :)

Nice!

Might be interested in a set of these too Nic, would like to see the pics first though. Not sure if they'd look quite right as I'm staying stock on the front and actually like the orange ones that are set into the vents.

Need pics!

My supra is now ready after getting a new front bumper (after the old one fell apart all by itself :blink: ) and I have got the bodyshop to hold off drilling any holes for the side repeaters until I choose a new set, as I want some clear ones.

Question is - can I pretty much use any type? Can I go to LED ones (if they exist) and use the stock wiring?

Bumper fell apart all by itself? :blink: What have you been up to?!!! :p

What style front have you gone for James?

Bumper fell apart all by itself? :blink: What have you been up to?!!! :p

What style front have you gone for James?

Hi Gaz

Was hoping you wouldn't see that :p

I was parking and literally tapped the kerb in front of me, so the bottom lip went over a few cm. Backed up (doh) and it split... but then the bodyshop I trust informed me that it wasn't repairable due to other repairs on the splitter that had been done in the past - it was full of filler and mesh holding it together...

So it made me feel loads better as it wasn't totally my fault but will be a lot more careful in the future.

Perhaps a good use for that LCD TV would be a forward facing camera mounted at the bottom of the bumper :D

Got exactly the same on there, top secret type 3. I thought about going for something different, but I loved what it already had so kept it the same.

Guess how much they charged me for...

Prepping, fitting and spraying front bumper

Refurbing 4 alloy wheels

Painting 2 panels (to remove small imperfections)

Removing sticker from fuel fllap

Pulling out 3 dings

£400 !! :D

Course I had to source the bumper myself but managed to get a really good quality one from Envy.

EDIT: Better mention the place since I am raving about them - Neil at Simtek in Swindon

James