The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Aerials?

Greenauto

The new stubby aerials from the group buy look pretty cool on and I'm seriously considering gettin one if there's another batch.

Just got to thinking though, why does the aerial have to be so big. I've forgotten most of my highschool physics but mobiles have to recieve signals and they have inbuilt aerials.

Is it possible to produce a powerful aerial that gives good performance but can be hidden away within the car?

Cheers

Dave

Guest supra86

yeah it is pos i had it done in my old mr2 the signal is fine but

you will find youdone have as much wider reception so you'll find

you will be flickin through the stations alot or the best

reception.........but i did it myself would probably advise pro-

help............

cheers Supra,

Just wondered as I'm now on an anti vandalisation kick thought removing the aerial from the outside completely would be a good thing plus look pretty cool. Might just go for the stubby type.

Has anyone else tried it or know of a kit that is available. Sure it must have been done commercially by now???

I think the supra has this already built-in (the second aerial), although the reception from it is supposed to be quite poor.

I can't rememebr much physics either, but I think the ideal length of aerial is propertional to the wavelength of the signal you're trying to pick up. CB radios (for those who even remember them!) use large wavelength radio waves, hence the massive whipcord aerials. All with the AFAIK caveat!!!