The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How much is a good TT?

SIMON LC

I currently own a N/A and I am wanting to move upto a TT.Will I get a reasonable one for approx £7/8k.There seems to be alot around for about this price but are they anygood?Not looking for anything special just a standard one would be cool.Does anybody want to px a TT for N/A?

I currently own a N/A and I am wanting to move upto a TT.Will I get a reasonable one for approx £7/8k.There seems to be alot around for about this price but are they anygood?Not looking for anything special just a standard one would be cool.Does anybody want to px a TT for N/A?

:cry: heartless!!! poor lil' NA :(

Hey, happy searching m8, hope you get a good one ;)

lol

Linda

7.5 plus mate. Depends on what u want. If u wanta risk go independent. Don't unless u know agarage owner.

Stick to Jurgen @ jm imports.

I've got nothing wrong, but still wish I'd stumped up the extra. It's not what he says it's what he doesn't.

Believe it and you're not going wrong.;)

I know what your saying Linda but since going to Suprapod it made me realise I am ready for the next stage.Rest assured,my N/A will only be sold to a good home,hopefully someone on here,its a minter if anyone interested.Thanx for your pointers guys I got plenty of time to find the right one.;)

7.5 plus mate. Depends on what u want. If u wanta risk go independent. Don't unless u know agarage owner.

Stick to Jurgen @ jm imports.

Why the hell would a car bought from Japan with no service history possibly be less risky than a car bought from the UK?

Mine is going on sale this week. It's a stock '93 J-Spec 6-Speed TT. 110,000km on the clock.

It's spent the last two days having a full fluids, filters, plugs and belts service at Phoenix including new cam belt. Mark himself has offered to vouch for the quality of the car if required.

Looking for 8k. Don't think you'll find a better manual TT with a reputable recommendation at that price.

Drop me a PM if you want any more info!

I know what your saying Linda but since going to Suprapod it made me realise I am ready for the next stage.Rest assured,my N/A will only be sold to a good home,hopefully someone on here,its a minter if anyone interested.Thanx for your pointers guys I got plenty of time to find the right one.;)

£6000 bin MSB GZ (with uk brakes) one on ebay looks ok to me..............worth a look at least imo.............

Guest Geneb

i got a tt with just 42k on the clock real tidy and only £6250 bud ,some people just hike up the price to help reclaim the cost of there mods, £7k is plenty give c.j. a call

Nicest TT I saw all last year was a private buy, in the UK, J-Spec auto for just under 5K UK pounds. If you can't buy another for the same price or less you ain't trying. Mint N/A manual bought about a month ago at auction for 2700. What people want and what they get vary enormously :)

Nicest TT I saw all last year was a private buy, in the UK, J-Spec auto for just under 5K UK pounds. If you can't buy another for the same price or less you ain't trying. Mint N/A manual bought about a month ago at auction for 2700. What people want and what they get vary enormously :)

I wish I knew where you get these cheap deals from Chris!:rolleyes:

I looked for 4 months and never found a deal anywhere near that that wasn't seriously flawed in some way. I suppose expereince counts for a bit but no one on here offered prices like that either!

H.

...Will I get a reasonable one for approx £7/8k...

I paid less for mine (UK spec) and that was 2-3 years ago.

The market moves up and down (mostly down of course) but if you know what you're looking for and are prepared to move fast, I guess the answer is YES:)

Keep looking at all the usual places, and for viewings take along some cash and someone else who knows what to look for (he may have to play devil's advocate as well)

I looked for 4 months and never found a deal anywhere near that that wasn't seriously flawed in some way. I suppose expereince counts for a bit but no one on here offered prices like that either!

H.

chris is in the trade so am sure he can rectify few issues with them as even the best ones need something done.;) but to a normal punter rectifying them problems cost more money

H.

I don't buy and sell cars anymore, or at least very rarely, and only in the trade, but the TT was bought by a guy on here, privately, and he isn't a trder. Anyone can buy at auction. The N/A came from the docks auction at Liverpool. Again, bought by a none trader.

Guest Geneb

H.

H by the time you made up your mind it would be sold, HOw LONG DID IT TAKE YOU TO BUY YOURS AGAIN?:p :p :p

My facelift TT auto was £6,995.

I just think all this "Don't buy a used one from the UK - get a fresh import" is really going to hurt us all come resale time, and most of us do look after our cars and spend lots of money making things right (£600 new sidemount being my most recent, paintwork tidyups when needed, better shocks, etc.)

most cars we bring in from japan have some sort of service history

Sure, as do most privately sold cars.

If you want something specific, then it's worth having someone look at bringing it over from Japan - 6spds being rarer over here is one such example, but other than that there is plenty to choose from over here already and you can go and look at as many as you want first hand.

Some people just seem to have this 'fresh import' mentality, where they think a used car brought from Japan is somehow more like a NEW car, than a used car bought from the UK.