The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hello all from a new supra owner

Stratty

Just wanted to say a quick hello to eveyone after buying my first supra.

The only down side is that I still have approx 5 weks to wait until it arives from Japan :(

It does look the muts nuts though si it will be worth the wait.

I do have a small problem though, in order to get it through my local vehicle standards dept, I have to fit a cat back onto it.

Does anyone know if I can buy this on its own or do I need to buy a new exhaust??

Any ideas where I can get it from??

I am not too clued up on this sort of thing as I am just getting into the modded car scene so your help is much appreciated.

Thanks everyone, I will stick some pics in the gallery as soon as it arrives.

Welcome to the club :thumbs:

As said you should be able to buy or borrow a used cat quite easily, there'll be loads of spare ones out there.

The Supra comes with 2 cats as standard, you will need to find out if the car has a single decat pipe that replaces both cats or 2 separate pipes. If it has 2 separate pipes, you can get through the emisions test by just fitting the rear cat, which is easy to swap over.

If you have a single decat pipe fitted, then you'll need to fit both front and rear cats.

Thanks for the replies guys.

In answer to the 'where did I buy it from question', I bought it through Bluchip in Guernsey. If I can work out how to put a pic up, I will do it so you can have a nose at it.

Mas - It would be handy to get my hands on the cats so that I can get it registered locally. Are you looking at selling them, if so how much mate??

Cheers everyone.