The mkiv Supra Owners Club

N/a Bhp

rovervi

I have read on a few occasions now that you cant get above 240BHP without spending silly money (without Turbo) what kind of extra Bhp do you think this would actually give (lets say yu were starting at 220bhp):

Manifold (states + 8 - 12 BHP)

Blitz nur spec and double decat (+ ?? not sure)

Lightened Pulleys (states + 8)

What does anyone think just curious and thought it would be a good discussion

Rover VI..

I own a SZ NA, Ive had it FULLY serviced and replaced everything! She runs as sweet as a nut..

Its got a NurSpec, 2nd DEcat, Walbro Fuel pump, IK24s, K&N panel filter..... What do you reckon she ran on the dyno?

216! Shes quick though! Unfortunatly you cant just reel off the numbers suppliers give, They are usually BS!

The most ive seen on our Dyno for a NA was a facelift SZ-R, it ran 251.5HP... It would keep up with a standard TT no less!

It was running cams, Full Decat, Fuel Pump, Unknown engine mods, with a modified OEM ECU that alowed the car to rev to over 8K!

To recreate just the rev limit would cost you an AEM ECU + Mapping alone!

216 really thats interesting, do you think the Dyno figures can be wrong sometimes as i was reading a thread the other day where a chap had his dynoed at 241, crazy amount of difference

I think the best gauge is probably what you say Jody what it feels like

Dynos can be wrong yes, Our Dyno (Interpro) read a standard Focus ST170 yesterday at 168, So going on that ide say my 216 was accurate.. (others would say different :))

However when i put my car up against other NAs, I seem to have the edge....

I have jsut fitted a lightened Fidanza flywheel that has made a hell of a difference in acceleration too! Good Mod!

Rover VI..

I own a SZ NA, Ive had it FULLY serviced and replaced everything! She runs as sweet as a nut..

Its got a NurSpec, 2nd DEcat, Walbro Fuel pump, IK24s, K&N panel filter..... What do you reckon she ran on the dyno?

216! Shes quick though! Unfortunatly you cant just reel off the numbers suppliers give, They are usually BS!

i had my N/A on the dyno with hks mushroom (now back to stock!) the rear cat removed and a NurSpec.....