The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Race Logic Traction Control?

Lucas

Just been speaking to a Garage about doing my BPU's and the guy said I should serious think about getting the Race Logic Traction Control as the one that Supra comes with is not great.

Anyone got this fitted or knows about these and if they are any good or worth it?

Been having a good read of the websites and stuff and does sound like a good system.

Its around £700 with Launch Control and Digi Unit and 3 hours of fitting so must be looking at 1k for this. That sound about right?

Its around £700 with Launch Control and Digi Unit and 3 hours of fitting so must be looking at 1k for this. That sound about right?

Depends if you shop around. I got mine very cheap on a group buy on this site and fitted it myself. Cost less than 500 then. :)

It's very good in the wet, it didn't stop me enthusiastically losing the back end this morning though :innocent:

for me it's been the best mod so far, along with bpu itself :)

before, at bpu even on a cold day (not wet) the car could be a bit unpredictable as turbo #2 comes on, the sudden boost in power could spin up the back and make you dangerously close to losing control even in 3rd and 4th gears!

for me it's been the best mod so far, along with bpu itself :)

before, at bpu even on a cold day (not wet) the car could be a bit unpredictable as turbo #2 comes on, the sudden boost in power could spin up the back and make you dangerously close to losing control even in 3rd and 4th gears!

Oh dear god dont tell me that. I have just booked my car in to have the full BPU's. Cant really afford the RLTC at the moment. Sounds like I have some interesting times ahead :blink:

Yea, was having a wee practice (just in case I ever showed off in public), overall I am well impressed. Getting a bit nearer the single conversion as well so trying to get used to the TC and launch control before that

IMO its mixed, i have been out in soop's with it fitted and it was great! Really impressive piece of kit! Hence me buying one :)Unfortunately my experience is that the one fitted to my car has been nothing short of dangerous as in the car cutting out whilst driving :blink: The unit has been sent back to Racelogic who have said that its fine and must be something else :( What i have no idea :( as I’ve tried everything suggested and spent loads having it check :( Im currently trying to get something sorted at the moment with Mike at Racelogic who to be fair is very helpful and good to deal with! So like i said i have mixed views :)

Luke - I can't believe you haven't already had this on the list of to-do's before you got the car!!!!

RLTC is raved about everywhere - well worth it considering what it can do, and how much safer it can make the car (although it still needs a sensible driver)...

The TC in my car at the moment does similar to the Supra, although not quite as bad (so I hear) but the sudden power cut can really catch you out and leave you in sticky situations......

Always the maps fault. Sent it to me if you like.

I've had a map of Mike @ racelogic and Phill but non of them sorted it out but if you want to send me an email address i will send you a copy see if you can see something wrong

cheers Rob :)