The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Help me decide what wheels...

Guigsy

As i fecked an alloy being silly after turbofit... Im considering new wheels first then leave my kit being fitted for a while till i can afford it. I have stock 16" atm.

Im picking for looks im not bothered about the name. And im on a bit of a budget. Arround the 200 per wheel mark is what im going it try and stick under. looking for 17 or 18".

Here is my shortlist

imageimage

Lenso 18" RS 5 Silver - Quite like these and there cheep...

imageimage

OZ Hydra 17"

imageimage

Compomotive RL - Silver 17"

imageimage

Momo WRS 18"

imageimage

Compomotive MO Competition - Silver 17"

These are just the ones off the website. id prefer 18"

stupid thing was supposed to put up a poll... Anyway. If anyone has some other sugestions let me know. a Link or pics would be good. Prefer some 5 spoke.

The weds look a bit... samey. want something with a bit of meat 2 :)

I think your right... i am falling for the Lenso ones... and there dirt cheep :)

If only i had a clue about tyre sizes... Someone fill me in what i should be getting? I have to admit i dont know a lit about machanics of cars. I know enough to be able to hold my own about things and i know what things do... but ive never bothered with tyres... there just the black things that keep the car on the road :)

Im gonna want wider rears.. so i guess im gonna have to uy 2 of one size then 2 of another width? eek. help confusion! lol

If only i had a clue about tyre sizes... Someone fill me in what i should be getting?

stock 16's are 8" wide on the front and 9" wide on the rear

Tyres are 225/50/16 and 245/(45 or 50)/16

so for 17's 235/45/17 and 255/40/17

and 18's 235/40/18 and 255/35/18 (some go larger but no need on an NA imo)

This will keep your rolling radius the same and will be ok assuming the 17's or 18's are a similar width to the standard wheels.....

too flat-faced for my liking. better left to VW Golf's and the like :D

Interesting point mate!!:rolleyes:

Wheels are a huge decision as they do "make" a car for me! I love the wheels on my car and I would struggle to find a set that I would be willing spend a shit load of money on.

19" Mania's would be my choice probably!:blink:

H.

Lenso's look nice but only seem to be available upto 7.5" wide (unless i'm not looking in the right places).....

...ignoring tyre size and handling issues they will almost certainly look to far "into the arch" on the rear for you........

Stock 9" 16s look 'in the arch' imo, the lips on these (7.5" with a 42 offset) will be approx 10mm further in.......

These will be coming off shortly 18" AVS and wrapped in michelin pilot sport. They will be powder coated, tyres back on before sold. IMO its the best rubber there is and the wheels look good and with a fresh powder coat in a nice bright silver will look awsome. I havn't advertised these yet as my car is at Envy getting a little work done so they are there at the mo. PM if interested if not i might keep them for the track. (they are grey at the moment and look a little dull)

supy.jpg