The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Look what i got

Guest Phillw454

Guest Phillw454

Nothing! Yet.

Was abit of an impulse buy if im honest, got in after a very long day, seemed to find it somehow for a very cheap price and thought i had to have it after all the discussion lately.

Itl most likely be on a purge untill i fully read up on what itl do to the internals of the engine etc, dont want it to go pop!

Guest Phillw454
Will your insurance company cover you with n20 fitted? Or will you just drive it undeclared?

When its filled with NOS itl be declared untill it is itl be empty so no need to declare it yet.

Wont drive it undeclared as its likely to go boom in a big crash.

Thinks its a 50bhp shot

Guest Phillw454
spend another 300 and buy a progressive controller and you can handle 100bhp. :)

ooo that could be fun, TT land then:d il look into it.

lol thanks REDM, il be sure to keep an eye on it, dont think i quite have enough nos for that yet;)

ooo that could be fun, TT land then:d il look into it.

i having my car serviced on saturday where i'm planning on having my NOs done once i renew my insurance, if you have any question let me know, i can ask them on your behalf, (mostly likely going to be the same questions i will be asking :) )

Hahaha nice buy :lol: Just put it on full trot and your have the drive of a lifetime, for a few minutes anyway. Like whats been said get some sort of controller for it. £300 or a new engine plus headache. Or just get it filled up for next week and we can all have some

50 shot or less you should be okay without a progressive, any more than that and you should definitely have one.

Is that the purge valve in the photo, or have you gone for a dry kit (only pumps nitrous into the engine)? If so, spend a bit more and get yourself set up with a wet kit (pumps both fuel and nitrous into the engine). You'll definitely want a purge valve with the braided line, as it's a large enough bore to let the nitrous expand slightly, so the first hit every time will be from already gaseous nitrous, rather than the liquid that you really want.

When its filled with NOS itl be declared untill it is itl be empty so no need to declare it yet.

Wont drive it undeclared as its likely to go boom in a big crash.

Thinks its a 50bhp shot

There are very limited insurance companies will cover you even with the kit only fitted with no feed pipe to the engine (for show purposes only) once you declare it, I think they are wise to the whole "its only there for show purposes" crap. I fitted Nitrous to my car before I looked into refills and insurance costs and it ended up as a bit of a mare. Refills are sporadic (you'll be a lucky guy if you find someone local) and expensive. Until you get a progressive controller it will just whack all that noz into the engine when you have it switched on (most cheap systems like that have a wot switch) but that noz will do bugger all until the engine hits its own power band except exit out your exhaust and as such will be wasted money. I used a 10 lb bottle in 45 minutes driving around that cost me £50 to fill.

Just a small point you may want to consider here is that the kit you bought was a bargain for a reason, I listsome of the reasons above mate. But hey its your car, your insurance (or lack of it), your money, and your life so don't let me sway you in any way :)

Guest Phillw454
Interpro have NOS refill. Go and see Jody, I think hell be interested to soo you local guys.

Yes he already pm'd me the price and that they do it, not far either:)

As for the rest of it, i know sweet fa about nos:) i will not install it and use it untill i am A fully coverd by an insurance company, and B have the right equipment to be sure that it wont just make my manifold pop.

Untill then im happy for it just to sit in the car un connected and empty just looking nice.

If i cannot find any insurance company that will cover it i will simply have it connected purely to a purge kit and not the engine, at the end of the day its only a NA and a 50shot still wont make it a rocket car so im quite happy to wait for my TT then blow my car up or drive uninsured:)

Untill then im happy for it just to sit in the car un connected and empty just looking nice.

If i cannot find any insurance company that will cover it i will simply have it connected purely to a purge kit and not the engine, at the end of the day its only a NA and a 50shot still wont make it a rocket car so im quite happy to wait for my TT then blow my car up or drive uninsured:)

Thats my point mate if it is even in the car in a fixed position you invalidate your insurance and most won't insure a car with a nos kit fitted wether or not its fully plumbed. Try calling one and asking them (not your own btw).

Guest Phillw454
Thats my point mate if it is even in the car in a fixed position you invalidate your insurance and most won't insure a car with a nos kit fitted wether or not its fully plumbed. Try calling one and asking them (not your own btw).

Ok i see your point if nos is in the car, no insurance, same as most mods.

What if the bottle was empty? Surely then (although pointless i know) it will be seen as just an empty container?

This is all just speculation of course untill i do start calling up insurers and listen to the giggles i get as i say im 20 with a supra and now have nos in it:rolleyes: