The mkiv Supra Owners Club

wot could it be..??

Guest Dave3636

Guest Dave3636

Hello Lads and Lasses :) ,

I havn't used the car for a day or two ok. Made a little trip to my mates,then tried to start the car and all i got was a "CLICK" :search: The battery is only 6 mounth old,so thats in good nick. If it's the starter mortor,how much for a new one?

My car is 3Ltr TT UK 94/95

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP..!! :)

Guest Dave3636

I'm from wigan,I've just been on the phone to Wigan Alternators and they said the same.If it's not the battery theyv'e said about

£90/£120 for a referb and fit for either..!! :(

I am from Wigan too!!

I was going to suggest Wigan Alternators but thought you might be a bit far away!.

I am at Aspull. What colour is your Supe then. I have seen a couple of black ones in the last couple of weeks and didn't know who they were!:rolleyes:

H.

Guest Dave3636

Red. I'm from Pem. I've had it for about 5yrs now,best car i've EVER had. Thinking of getting rid now tho? but sum

F--KING W--KER as put a key down it from front to back.

Why do that..??

Red. I'm from Pem. I've had it for about 5yrs now,best car i've EVER had. Thinking of getting rid now tho? but sum

F--KING W--KER as put a key down it from front to back.

Why do that..??

Don't get rid of it just because some a$$ wipe has keyed it!!

Then again Pem is not the best place to have a Supe. I lived on City Road for 3.1/2 years.

I can put you in touch with a top body shop, who'll sort it for next to nothing. Bit of a trek to Croston though??

Let me know if you want the number??

H.

Thats the only thing thats happend to it,touch wood. Ye i wood like the number PLEASE..!! Thanks mucker.

Ok!

Speak to John or Phil and tell him that Supra Paul has put you on to them.

It is Drinkhouse Garage, Moor Road, Croston, Nr Preston. PR26 9HP. From Pem I reckon it's 25 mins, up to Standish, past Park Hall and through Eccleston.

01772 600964.

The work they have done for me was great. They have also had chances to charge me more and haven't. They are very protective of the Supe and always park it inside the garage at night. They even met me last Sunday morning as I couldn't pick the car up on Saturday as I was at a wedding!!;)

Great guys!

H.

It's either power supply (bad battery, loose battery connections), or burnt out solenoid contacts on the starter motor. There's a writeup with loads of pictures on the starter motor on here somewhere. My guess is that it'll be the starter solenoid contacts.

PS - If it's an auto you haven't got it in any other gear have you?

Mini meet next week. I'm in Chorley for the next 3 weeks.

Quality. i was trying to arrange a mini meet for this or next week anyway. Venue looks like being either the Wiggin Tree in Wigan, or the Thatch and Thistle on the A6 near bolton. Keep an eye in the North West section.