The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Newb with just ONE SIMPLE QUESTION

Guest ibleedcanadian

Guest ibleedcanadian

Hello. Im from Canada, and I'm looking to purchase an MKIV Supra!

All I would like to ask is this:

Why, after currency conversion, are UK MKIV Supra's so inexpensive compared to ones in the US and Canada?!

This is all i ask! Please reply! Thanks!

Guest ibleedcanadian

Haha! Thanks Mr.RalphMan!

I really want to find out!

A 5/6spd TT in US and Canada in Mint condition can sell for as much as $60,000US or 30,000GBP!

I'm seeing excellent condition MKIV's here for MUCH MUCH CHEAPER.

WHYYYY!? :)

I dying to know!!!!

Image. In the States the value of Supras skyrocketed after TF&TF (doubters can check this with a search of SF), where's here the image was not so welcome, and prices tumbled with subsequent films. It also doesn't help that people produce abominations of shite, covering their cars in glue then ram-raiding a plastics company in a random fashion, for which the general public tar us all with the same brush plus suspect modifications, ludicrous power claims etc. Importers not being as fussy as they could be, bringing over any old tat they think will sell, and the culture of some people rather spending £6.5k on some new import shit-box than £10k on a minter.

Maybe we don't help ourselves, we (especialy myself) criticise SF members for being rude, but maybe if we weren't so polite people might lift their game next time they mod their car.

Supply and demand, 11,000 LHD Supras (- those written off) spread between almost 300 million North Americans. Maybe 30,000 RHD Supras spread between Japan (where few people drive such old cars), Australia (20 million people?) and the UK (60 million).

I reckon there are probably more mkivs in the UK than the US now, in a country with less than 1/4 the population. And with more readily available from Japan for anyone who wants one. The number in the US is finite and falling, so good clean cars will always demand a premium.

:looney:

Supply and demand, 11,000 LHD Supras (- those written off) spread between almost 300 million North Americans. Maybe 30,000 RHD Supras spread between Japan (where few people drive such old cars), Australia (20 million people?) and the UK (60 million).

I reckon there are probably more mkivs in the UK than the US now, in a country with less than 1/4 the population. And with more readily available from Japan for anyone who wants one. The number in the US is finite and falling, so good clean cars will always demand a premium.

:looney:

Nope. 22,000 mkivs were made, America being the main export country, we got 600, Europe got 1000. Speaking of which, have you seen the prices the German cars command! I recently saw a black 6spd 94 car for £18k! There was a 6spd Areo for twenty odd last year.

Personaly I think when importers can bring over mint grade 4.5 VVTi 6spds, the value of the Supras already on this island is going to plummet.

Personaly I think when importers can bring over mint grade 4.5 VVTi 6spds, the value of the Supras already on this island is going to plummet.
I don't think that'll happen. They just didn't make very many Supras per month after 1998 - only a few dozen per month according to mkiv.co.nz