The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rev limiter & spolier adjust button?!

Eve

I am very excited having just bought my Supra after dreaming about it for 6 YEARS. Finally old enough for the insurance to be resonable.

Two questions;

I was test driving and dropped into second instead of fourth (which I meant to) and it red lined; mine is the 1994 RZ TT, J-Spec, does it not have a rev limiter or has this been removed?

Also, SPOLIER DOWN button on the dash. Spolier looks pretty fixed to me so this button doesn't appear to do anything unless it is adjusting something under the car?!

I know I have a lot to learn!

Thanks

E

I am very excited having just bought my Supra after dreaming about it for 6 YEARS. Finally old enough for the insurance to be resonable.

Two questions;

I was test driving and dropped into second instead of fourth (which I meant to) and it red lined; mine is the 1994 RZ TT, J-Spec, does it not have a rev limiter or has this been removed?

Also, SPOLIER DOWN button on the dash. Spolier looks pretty fixed to me so this button doesn't appear to do anything unless it is adjusting something under the car?!

I know I have a lot to learn!

Thanks

E

You do realise it`s the FRONT spoiler and not the rear don`t you ;)

If you have a look in my garage mate, you will see a pic of the front spoiler down. Its just a piece of rubber that helps air flow at speed, and makes the front look, 'fuller'

It normally comes down by itself if you go over 60mph and folds back up when you go below 45 ish. When parked up with key in ignition position 2 you can press spoiler down to leave it down whilst parked up.

It normally comes down by itself if you go over 60mph and folds back up when you go below 45 ish. When parked up with key in ignition position 2 you can press spoiler down to leave it down whilst parked up.
I found out the other day that you can then turn the ignition off and remove the key leaving the spoiler down for those "pose occasions" too. :)