The mkiv Supra Owners Club

RS*R Ti2000 Springs

SupraPL

Hello.

Anyone use them?

I want to loose some of the height above the wheels and under the nose. Around 40mm on front and 25 on the rear.

Any recommendations?

Thanks

Tomasz

http://www.mvpmotorsports.com/Templates/frmTemplateM7.asp?SubFolderID=209&SearchYN=N

"RS*R Ti2000 Springs for 1993-98 Supra

Part # RS*R 32-T311

The Ti2000 is made from a revolutionary material, using a revolutionary manufacturing process. The Ti2000 is the only spring which uses a titanium composite material. The material makes the spring lighter, stronger, and comes with a lifetime warranty against sagging. The manufacturing process is also different. Everyone else uses the cold spring winding technique, while RS*R uses a hot winding technique. RS*R has found that it is in the slow heating process that is found in cold winding where structural break points are formed. RS*R uses a one of a kind “high frequency electronic induction heating machine” which heats the spring to the correct temperature in 8-16 seconds. This coupled with another annealing cycle and a hot shot peening cycle create the Ti2000 spring.

For extensive technical information, specifications, and more manufacturing details of the special processes used to produce the Ti2000 springs, please click here.

The Supra Ti2000 springs weigh a total of 21.5 pounds. Other Supra spring kits weigh right at 30 pounds, give or take.

These springs lower your Supra 1.6" front & 1.0" rear.

Their spring rate is:

Front: 8.3 kg/mm / 465 lbs/in

Rear: 4.2 kg/mm / 235 lbs/in "

http://www.envyperformance.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=2980

"RS*R has designed a spring with the racing enthusiast in mind. The common misconception with race springs is that it is engineered with maximum lowering stance as the primary objective. RS*R Race Springs are made to meet the rigorous demands of those people who drive their cars on the track. Every RS*R Race Spring is manufactured from the same high quality material found in the RS*R Down Spring, SUP7N. RS*R carefully designs the Race Springs with many different factors in mind, and the result is a suspension piece highly suited for track use. In some applications, there might not be any drop at all, only an increased spring rate. In other applications, there might be an aggressive drop with an increased spring rate. Nonetheless, you can count on Japans #1 aftermarket spring manufacturer to bring to you highest quality Race Spring for your application."

We have two sets left in stock. I have never fitted them to a supra personally but everyone who has had them mail order has given us the thumbs up.:p

The springs in general seam of the highest quality and they are around 60% of the weight of the normal springs for the Supra.

Thanks

Kevin

Envy Performance Ltd

We have two sets left in stock. I have never fitted them to a supra personally but everyone who has had them mail order has given us the thumbs up.:p

The springs in general seam of the highest quality and they are around 60% of the weight of the normal springs for the Supra.

Thanks

Kevin

Envy Performance Ltd

Thank you for info Kevin.

I'm also thinking about Eibach Pro Kit Springs.

http://www.mvpmotorsports.com/Templates/frmTemplateM7.asp?SubFolderID=799&SearchYN=N

"This kit lowers the front 1.2" & the rear 1.0" and dramatically improves cornering capability. No more nose dive toward the pavement under hard braking. Progressive rate maintains soft ride for daily driving but progresses to a stiffer rate when performance is demanded from the car. Compatible with factory & aftermarket shocks.

Note that this spring kit was originally designed for the Twin Turbo model Supra. However, it fits the Non-Turbo 100%. Eibach used to have a Non-Turbo spring kit but they discontinued it in 2003. They probably finally realized that the Twin Turbo kit was the same thing!"

Hello.

Anyone use them?

I want to loose some of the height above the wheels and under the nose. Around 40mm on front and 25 on the rear.

Any recommendations?

Thanks

Tomasz

http://www.mvpmotorsports.com/Templates/frmTemplateM7.asp?SubFolderID=209&SearchYN=N

"RS*R Ti2000 Springs for 1993-98 Supra

Part # RS*R 32-T311

The Ti2000 is made from a revolutionary material, using a revolutionary manufacturing process. The Ti2000 is the only spring which uses a titanium composite material. The material makes the spring lighter, stronger, and comes with a lifetime warranty against sagging. The manufacturing process is also different. Everyone else uses the cold spring winding technique, while RS*R uses a hot winding technique. RS*R has found that it is in the slow heating process that is found in cold winding where structural break points are formed. RS*R uses a one of a kind “high frequency electronic induction heating machine” which heats the spring to the correct temperature in 8-16 seconds. This coupled with another annealing cycle and a hot shot peening cycle create the Ti2000 spring.

For extensive technical information, specifications, and more manufacturing details of the special processes used to produce the Ti2000 springs, please click here.

The Supra Ti2000 springs weigh a total of 21.5 pounds. Other Supra spring kits weigh right at 30 pounds, give or take.

These springs lower your Supra 1.6" front & 1.0" rear.

Their spring rate is:

Front: 8.3 kg/mm / 465 lbs/in

Rear: 4.2 kg/mm / 235 lbs/in "

http://www.envyperformance.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=2980

"RS*R has designed a spring with the racing enthusiast in mind. The common misconception with race springs is that it is engineered with maximum lowering stance as the primary objective. RS*R Race Springs are made to meet the rigorous demands of those people who drive their cars on the track. Every RS*R Race Spring is manufactured from the same high quality material found in the RS*R Down Spring, SUP7N. RS*R carefully designs the Race Springs with many different factors in mind, and the result is a suspension piece highly suited for track use. In some applications, there might not be any drop at all, only an increased spring rate. In other applications, there might be an aggressive drop with an increased spring rate. Nonetheless, you can count on Japans #1 aftermarket spring manufacturer to bring to you highest quality Race Spring for your application."

I have them on mine, don't think they are the Ti ones though, personally the ride height looks perfect to me, but my exhaust is very low and find it will clip the floor going over bumps (HKS Hyper exhaust). Ride itself is very good I think, not to hard and gives good driver feedback.

But it seems alot of people use the Eibach kit, again, looks about the same height wise and haven't heard any negative comments about them.. I'd say either are good and if gaz has them for next day, can't beat that!! (check my garage if you wanna see pics of height)

I have them on mine, don't think they are the Ti ones though, personally the ride height looks perfect to me, but my exhaust is very low and find it will clip the floor going over bumps (HKS Hyper exhaust).

I have got HKS Hyper Titanium exhaust as well :D

Thanks for your opinion mate, but i did small research, and i decided that i will buy Eibach springs.