The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Another single turbo project thread

Marty

Big read ahead ....

I finished my single turbo conversion about 3months ago, apart from a clutch and mapping. Michel lane posted up a clutch for sale about a month ago, i bought it off him and when he pm'd me he also said he could get it mapped for me, and pop the clutch in for a cheap price. So i went for it and the car got picked up, and taken up to storm performance.

They did a few checks on it when it got there and it turned out that my headgasket was on its way out, 100psi on cylinder 5. Think this is due to it overheating due to a fcuked thermostat. They took the head off the engine and there was a nasty burnt oil smell, seems like its had cheapo oil in at one point, it had blocked oilways and left nasty gunk all over the place. So the engine came out to be completely cleaned out.

Seeing as the engine was being taken out and stripped, ive got for a few extra things done, and its kind of escalated from there.

Heres the spec of what it will be when completed... (what i can remember anyway)

Engine+Head

Rebored Engine,

Forged Pistons and Rods,

Arp head studs,

Hks 264 Cams.

Turbo + Fueling

Was a Phr Stage 2+ GT67 Turbo

Now a SPSSGT850W,

Hks 50mm Wastegate with Screamer Pipe,

Phr 3" Down and Midpipe,

Xs Exhaust,

Hks Fuel Rail,

720cc Squirters,

Aeromotive Fpr,

-10An Fuel lines,

Twin Pumps in Tank.

Electronics

Aem Ecu

Hks Dli

Aem Wideband

Apexi Avcr

Clutch

Bronze Paddle Clutch and RPS Pressure Plate

Cooling

Greddy 3Row Front Mount,

Koyo Aluminium Radiator,

Mocal Oil Cooler,

Power Steering Cooler.

Braking

Uk Calipers (obviously)

Dba Gold Drilled and Grooved Disks.

Its also getting

Brand new oil pump,

Brand new big end bearings

Lightened Drive Pulleys,

Engine stripped + competely cleaned,

New valve stem seals,

New big end bearings,

New rings,

New headgasket,

Hid's installed,

All cooler pipes powder coated,

Throttle body and inlet manifold polished,

Car re-undersealed,

Engine block painted,

Engine bay cleaned up and wishbones etc repainted(undersealed)

Car mot'd.

And some spanking new 18's :D

Im sure theres more but i cant remember any at the moment,

it should be finished in the next 2weeks (i wish), and will be getting mapped by Dan on the 8th of june.

Cant wait to get it back :D

Michel lane is sending me some pics today so i'll post them up when they arrive.

Heres 2pics of it before it left, this is with the phr stage one on...

Any idea's on the Horsepower? closest will win a prize (dont know what yet :))

Think it'll be mapped up to about 1.4bar.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 weeks !!!! it will be finished on the 8th for mapping . What is the prize ?? .

And you have 720cc injectors not 880cc... i didnt supply this .

Dont know what made me think 2weeks :blink: The pistons will only be here by then i imagine.

Them injectors are 850cc apparenty Michel, well, thats what the fella i bought them off told me they were :rolleyes: But, if, as you say, they are 720cc's, thats still fine, i'll probably use less fuel too ;)

Prize.. Erm.. a new set of plugs for someone mabye, ive not decided :)

489 rwhp @ 1.3 bar :)

Why 1.3bar go for 1.5bar map, that way you can run 1.3 all day and 1.5 for a whole can of whoop ass :eyebrows:

Im not too sure what it'll be mapped to be honest, 1.3 is around about what i think he'll map it to, two boost settings would be good thought like you say :D

Bang on 500 :D :D

I'll be there on the 8th getting mine mapped BTW, you'll be there for the mapping I take it?

Wouldnt miss it for the world mate:D Be good to see the difference in hp gains from what you've had done compared to me :)

What you hoping for out of yours?

624 rwhp,

Random guess, what you aiming for?

What was it with the Stage 1

Thats about 740 at the fly :blink:

I wish :D

Hoping for something in the 500's mate.

Dont know what the stage one had, i never managed to get it rolling roaded.

Wouldnt miss it for the world mate:D Be good to see the difference in hp gains from what you've had done compared to me :)

What you hoping for out of yours?

I suppose it depends on what boost he maps it at, realistically I'm hoping it will be in the 500's, looking forward to seeing you there :D

Heres 2pics of it the day it left, this is with the phr stage one on...

I don't mean to be rude but is that engine bay shot before it was stripped and cleaned as it looks rather 'off colour'!d

Think it'll look a bit different on the day he picks it up :D

I'll go for 541rwhp :)

Mine had that same horrible burnt oil smell wwhen I took my cylinder head off. Did the head appear to have a varnish coating to it aswell?

Think theres a few supra's now that have had similar problems, goes to show what sh*te oil can do to the engine! i always used decent stuff, but obviously the last owner didnt care too much what he chucked in it!!

I suppose it depends on what boost he maps it at, realistically I'm hoping it will be in the 500's, looking forward to seeing you there :D

You too mate :D Hope we get supplied with a few brews whilst we watch our cars getting thrashed on the rollers ;)

Cant wait to get it back.

Am going up there on saturday so i'll get a few pics taken.

The engine bay has now been repainted, the cam covers, throttle body and the intake go off to the polishers this week. My fuel system goes in saturday, and my turbo should be here for friday :D The rest of the parts arrive next week.

Will bang more pics up when i recieve, take them :)

It's coming on nicely mate. Was down there and had a nosey around it at the weekend ;)

Nice one mate, bet its looking sorry for itself at the moment!!:( When it gets back ive got a duluck front, trd spoiler, and oem spats and skirts goin on. Going to bang some new seats in too :)

All i need then is some alloys :D

Hows yours getting on? Didnt you have a few problems after going single? or am i thinking of someone else :blink:

Work was started real early on. I'm down there all the time at the minute (lol) so I'm keeping an excited eye on the progress.

Yep mine went back and it turned out to be a shot coil pack. All sorted and just being made to look sexy again :D

Nice one, least it wasnt anything too expensive then :)

You'll have to bang some pics up of yours mate, be good to see what it looks like!;)

Id love to put some more pics up of the work being done on mine but im over 2hrs away so cant just 'pop in' :( Am relying on Michel to send me a pic or two now and again. Will get some good'uns taken on the weekend to put up :D